Rear bunk bed

Me and the hubs are proud new owners of an RW415. Absolutely LOVE it. We took it out on its first trip and I couldn't ask for a nicer camper!

I am confused about something. Our bunk bed in the garage did not come with a ladder to get up on the top bunk. I called our dealership and insisted they don't come with one. So I decided to call heartland and sure enough, they do not come with one. I asked why and he said it was a liability. I don't get that at all. A liability will be my kids broken neck when he or she falls. :( I was so disappointed. If I would have known that, I would have kept my ladder from my trade in. Lol. We are buying a ladder but that isn't the point. How can they expect the top bunk to be used when there is absolutely no safe way to get up or down from it????

jimtoo

Hi Toyhauling,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am surprised you did not see that when you did your PDI, but there are lots of things to look at then. Heartland quit putting the ladders in 3-4 years ago I think. The ladders were not a good quality and I guess they could not find something that would work for them. So they just do not furnish the ladder any more.

Contact your dealer and maybe you can still lay claim to the one you had.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

alex00

Here's the weird part. I just picked up my Cyclone two days ago, thinking it wouldn't come with a ladder. There was a garage bunk ladder. I wonder why mine came with one, but I am certainly not complaining.

Ya cyclones come with them. Almost bought a cyclone but rw won me over because of the main living area. I will grab a ladder from camping world or something but I just thought it was a little weird that they don't provide one. We were looking at another rw model and it had a loft ladder that is just a little longer then the bunk ones. Anyways, no complaints about the camper at all.

Very happy ppt with the rw. Super glad I didn't buy the voltage we saw. Heartland just seems like way better quality.

My boys get by using a two step - step stool that folds up when not in use.
I have 9 year old twins. I just worry about them falling without a ladder that hangs in the bed properly. I was thinking of looking for a fold out type step thing but see the twins pushing it over and needing out help getting down. Lol

Mark-Mullin

Twins 9 years old a ladder is a waste of money it will be a race to see which one gets in the upper bunk first. Speaking from a Grandfathers point of view of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Twins 9 years old a ladder is a waste of money it will be a race to see which one gets in the upper bunk first. Speaking from a Grandfathers point of view of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lol probably. They slept on the couch for this trip because the garage doesn't get enough heat. It was mid 30's at night and we were boon docking or I would have an electric heater in their. By our next trip in a month it should be good to go.

AAdams

We just picked our unit up last week. It has one ladder, I think it is really for the loft, but can be used for the bunks. It is a metal ladder that seems to be constructed pretty well. I won't try to have it hold my weight, but the grandchildren's will be ok.

Ya another model we were looking at had a ladder for the loft. The model we have has a built in ladder to the pantry door. Oh well. Going to head to lowes today to see how big of a step ladder I can get!