Propane valve position

wingerbls

Still getting to know our Sundance XLT 245RL, and I have a question about the propane valve. We have two 30 lb. tanks with manual valve. The selector is currently pointing straight up (not at either tank), but all the gas appliances seem to work. Is that normal?

Manzan

That is a pointer, not a valve. Turn off both tanks then open one and set the pointer toward it. Leave it that way with both tanks on and when the indicator turns red, that tank is empty. Turn the pointer to the other tank and refill the first tank when you can. When the indicator turns red again, the second tank is empty--repeat the process.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
That is a pointer, not a valve. Turn off both tanks then open one and set the pointer toward it. Leave it that way with both tanks on and when the indicator turns red, that tank is empty. Turn the pointer to the other tank and refill the first tank when you can. When the indicator turns red again, the second tank is empty--repeat the process.

X2 what Bruce says!

wingerbls

Ahhhh! I get it! I didn't recognize the indicator for what it was. Thanks for the explanation. Can I simply disconnect the empty tank to get it refilled while the other is still connected and open? That would seem to make sense...

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Ahhhh! I get it! I didn't recognize the indicator for what it was. Thanks for the explanation. Can I simply disconnect the empty tank to get it refilled while the other is still connected and open? That would seem to make sense...

Yep!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Make sure that your propane line does not leak with the tank disconnected. I had to replace a pigtail when I had one of them leak with the tank disconnected.

jimtoo

Also,, when you connect a tank and open the valve, open it sloooowwwwllyyyy. All the propane tanks have a emergency cut off valve made into the tank to stop fast flow. Sometimes if you open the valve quickly it thinks there is a leak and will shut off flow of propane to what ever is connected to it.

Jim M