Electric Griddle

MTPockets

Saw a neighbor doing pancakes on an electric griddle. He loved his after 4 years of use. Plenty hot and adjustable, Teflon surface, submersible for cleaning, compact easy to store. I want one. Seems so much nicer than propane. Any other experience good or bad?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We carry an electric griddle as well. Pancakes, French Toast or a pound of Bacon. :cool: Easier if we're having friends over for breakfast too.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bought one less than a year ago. DH cooks mostly, so he loves it. Easy to use, cooks great for sausage, bacon, eggs, pancakes, French toast, and grilled cheese sandwiches!! Cleans up fairly easy too (my job). Ours is not submersible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I went a different route, I have a Loge cast iron reversible griddle/grill plate that I can use with my induction cooktop burner, or a propane burner. It is not as large as an electric griddle, but takes up very little storage space as it is flat. Add to that the fact that I have abandoned barbecuing in favor of using a grill pan surface and liquid smoke.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We have been using the Coleman gas griddle for years. We rarely camp anywhere there is electricity, so a plug in wouldn't work for us. The Coleman works great IMO.

d_fergie

I went a different route, I have a Loge cast iron reversible griddle/grill plate that I can use with my induction cooktop burner, or a propane burner. It is not as large as an electric griddle, but takes up very little storage space as it is flat. Add to that the fact that I have abandoned barbecuing in favor of using a grill pan surface and liquid smoke.
I bought mine at an Advantage last year, now my local Walmart has them in the camping supplies section... I've used for burgers, but use my cooking disc more often...

jbeletti

Last year at the Northeast Regional Rally in Gettysburg, PA, John Proto and/or John Bylinski had these Presto Griddles. Love them. Great for pancakes, bacon, fried eggs and such.

Here's mine - this morning I cooked a pound of bacon on it, wiped it clean and cooked pancakes on it:
Presto Griddle 1.jpg Presto Griddle 2.jpg

MTPockets

Last year at the Northeast Regional Rally in Gettysburg, PA, John Proto and/or John Bylinski had these Presto Griddles. Love them. Great for pancakes, bacon, fried eggs and such.

Here's mine - this morning I cooked a pound of bacon on it, wiped it clean and cooked pancakes on it:
View attachment 29091 View attachment 29092
. Jim, just got back from WalMart. They had a bunch of this one and we had it in our cart when we noticed an Oster brand with ceramic cook surface and warming tray tagged for $29... At check out it showed $15 ??? Mistake? Don't know but we paid the $15..... We'll see how it works out.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have the Presto. We love it. I can cook bacon, hash browns, and eggs on it all at the same time.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I have the Presto griddle in the rig as well as the house:) It's an easy clean-up and storage...light weight is good for the rv. But I will have to check out the ceramic one Terry (MTPockets) mentioned next time I'm @ Wally-mart.
We also carry the griddle accessory for our propane grills, one is a Cuisinart the other is the Coleman Roadtrip....but for breakfast stuff I stay inside the rig & use the Presto...don't want to scare any nearby campers !!:eek:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have an electric frying pan. I want a griddle too though. I like to use them outside on a table plugged in to the outside receptacle. I won't fry meat inside the trailer if there is a way I can prevent it.

Kristy

jbeletti

Way to deal Terry! I just went to Walmart tonight and looked for another Presto like mine and they didn't have it. Bought some other brand. Rival maybe.

Kbvols

We have been using electric grills for years they are awesome especially for breakfast items. Presto seems to be the most popular and of course can't beat the Walmart price.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Well for those of you who were hoping to get this grill from Walmart as I was - it appears that it is not available online and in my area at least not available instore. But I was able to find it on line via many e-tailers ... but most of the sites that have comparable prices charge an fairly high shipping charges... I did just notice this morning that of all places, Home Depot sells this and with Free Shipping for less than $30.00

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Presto-Cool-Touch-Electric-Griddle-07030/100607052

pegmikef

We recently bought the "griddler" that is a little more versatile, and can be used as a standard griddle, but also has ribbed inserts for grilling steaks, chicken fillets, etc. It can also be used as a panino sandwich press.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Duane

Yes I found the. Same thing. Some are not dishwasher safe and some even say not to submerge in water. I'd love to know how you wash those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wdk450

Just a note on non-stick cooking surfaces washability. I know that there are many types and formulations of non-stick, but with many the performance of the coating can be harmed by detergents. I always just wash mine in fresh hot water only. Also, sources say that the propellants used in many spray cooking oils harm non-stick surfaces. Use a pump sprayer for oil, or spray oil brands using CO2 as a propellant.