Pulled Pork?

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's an easy one as long as you can start it the night before. Use a 6 to 8 pound pork shoulder (with bone in is our preference for more flavor but it doesn't really matter). Rub it with a tablespoon or two of Hawaiian Sea salt and a tablespoon or two of liquid smoke. Put in the slow cooker with 1/2 to 1 cup of water and cook on low for 18 hours.

Garypowell

Linda has one where she buys the pork as above and puts it in a slow cooker and then pours a can of root beer over it. Slow cook it till done....ie falls apart. Shred it and then season to taste with your favorite sauce.

Subdrv

I rub my with Old Bay seasoning put it in the Bradley Smoker at 210 degrees with 3 and a half hours of hickory smoke pucks. Cook it until the meat is at 185 degrees then rap it aluminum foil and a towel I a cooler. Let it set for 2-3 hours then take it out and it falls apart. The total time is about 16 hours for an 8 pound boston butt. Sauce on the side

Pizzadigger

I just get a length of heavy hemp rope, tie it around hogs neck . then you can pull that pork about any way you want.......

wino2

Wmnmy, go to allrecipes.com they have some killer recipes for pulled pork. I have used the slow-cooker recipes.
Mmm-good!!!

Ron-Cookie

Cookie cooks the pork butt until it is done and then uses her Kitchen Aid with the bread hook to "pull" the pork... Make it easy as well as yummy!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I've made this a number of times (and passed it on to others) with great results...plus it freezes well:
serves 6-8
1 boneless pork shoulder/butt roast or pork tenderloin (3-4 pounds); trimmed of fat and "silver" (if tenderloin)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 bottle(18 ounce) bbq sauce (I use sweet baby rays)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
sandwich rolls/hamburger buns

1) combine spices and rub over roast;
**spray slow cooker w/oil
2) place onion & bell pepper in bottom of slow cooker, add pork;
3) combine bbq sauce and brown sugar, pour over meat;
4) cover; cook on low 8-10 hours
**when cooked, use 2 forks to shred pork; serve on buns

HornedToad

To get the best flavor out of the meat, I'll char or sear before placing in the slow cooker.

I always start my briskets on the charcoal grill before finishing in the roaster oven with Claude's Brisket Sauce. Most other meats I'll sear in the frying pan using bacon grease or vegetable/olive oil with minced garlic before placing in the slow cooker according to the recipe. With the recipe below you can sear the meat with the spices, onion & bell peppers, then add the sauce in the crock pot.