Dryer vent install in Gateway 3650bh

Tallyrver

Our new Gateway 3650 has the washer and dryer prep ,but no dryer vent. I called Heartland on Monday to get a diagram and or pictures for the location to drill. The tech said there is a sticker...not...he said they'll get back to me. I called back Tuesday and got the same response,it's Thursday and still waiting .
Anyone have a Gateway with a drill here sticker on their prep area that they can send a picture of.

DW wants her washer and dryer installed.

Wayne

Garypowell

You are probably wise in waiting but I had the sticker in my 3010 and still hit a frame member. If they can give you some dimensions it would be best.

before I cut, even with the sticker, I talked it over with HL and was told that the engineers did a study and said even if a stud was cut all the way through there would be no damage to the integrity of the unit.

I only had had to cut away about 1/2 of a stud.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You shouldn't have to cut away any studs. There is plenty of room between studs for a vent opening. My target marker was not in the correct spot. You need to drill some short pilot holes to locate a spot for the vent. There are two or three threads on here, including one I started on how this process works. Unfortunately I'm on my cell phone right now and can't locate them using Tapatalk. I can try later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrumpyOneandTwo

Our new Gateway 3650 has the washer and dryer prep ,but no dryer vent. I called Heartland on Monday to get a diagram and or pictures for the location to drill. The tech said there is a sticker...not...he said they'll get back to me. I called back Tuesday and got the same response,it's Thursday and still waiting .
Anyone have a Gateway with a drill here sticker on their prep area that they can send a picture of.

DW wants her washer and dryer installed.

Wayne

Hey Wayne, I have a Gateway 3200 RS. I do have a drill here sticker in the W/D area. I can get pictures for you if you still need them. I did measure where my sticker is. From the front of the top of the W/D enclosure is 9 1/4 inches out. And the from under the shelf it is 4 inches down. Let me know if you would still like pictures.

Mike

Tallyrver

Hey Wayne, I have a Gateway held 3200 RS. I do have a drill here sticker in the W/D area. I can get pictures for you if you still need them. I did measure where my sticker is. From the front of the top of the W/D enclosure is 9 1/4 inches out. And the from under the shelf it is 4 inches down. Let me know if you would still like pictures.

Mike
Pictures would be great if you can, I have to remove the shelf to make room for the pair.
wayne

lynndiwagoner

Just got through installing one in my BC, while not the same model I do have some suggestions. First, I would highly recommend the pan and a "deluxe" dryer vent kit. My kit did not come with near enough dryer vent material and I had to go out and buy some more. Take the template (inside cover) and mark a circle on the inside of the rig about where you want it (after measuring, etc.) Take a small finishing nail and drive it into the wall from the inside, checking for studs. I used a dremel tool with the drill bit looking cutting tool to cut the walls instead of a 4" hole saw and it worked great. Dig out the styrofoam and mark the center of the 4" hole (the best you can estimate the center) on the inside of the outside wall and drill a small hole through the outside. Go outside and use the same template to mark another 4" circle, trying your best to center the pilot hole in the center of the template. Use the dremel tool to cut out the outside hole. You'll be pretty close to the holes lining up. You can then trim around with the dremel tool so that the vent extension goes through both holes. Kind of stressful but very. Good luck.

OhShoot

Can you post the picture please , my gateway 3500rl has no sticker also and my wife has been on me to install a stackable washer and dryer .

Tallyrver

Thank you ,my dryer vent install kit just arrived from Amazon. Time to get wit it.
I'll post pictures of my adventure
Wayne

Tallyrver

Dryer vent install 2014 Gateway 3650

I had to remove the shelf in the prep area,you would think the factory would clean up just a little...
there is a outside light where the drill here sticker may have been, I was going to mount the vent just above the light but there was a stud inside the wall .i used a very small drill bit to probe around the 4 inch outline ,I removed the light and put the vent where the light was and moved the light next to the installed vent. Now time to move the washer and dryer in.
Wayne

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.3 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 178

GrumpyOneandTwo

Re: Dryer vent install 2014 Gateway 3650

Nice job. So the light is in the way of the dryer vent? Nice job moving the light....

Mike

Tallyrver

I tried to put the vent above the light but there was a cross beam there. So I just moved the light,looks better anyhow .

Tallyrver

Got the washer in, I should have checked to see if there was enough vent hose ...two feet? Gotta make a trip to Home Depot...

Tallyrver

I had to build a frame to support the back of the dryer,it seems solid now. I'm going to install the JT strong arm stabilizer system next...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 164

RAT

I have the same trailer and was wanting to also install a washer dryer. What made you choose the stackables as to the combo vented? And did you have to remove the dresser to get them into location. Any tips greatly appreciated.