Prospective new Torque 380SS owner

Hayseed

I have been aggressively looking at toyhaulers similar to the Torque 380SS, Cyclone 3800HD, Fuzion 371, XLR Thunderbolt. Why does no one offer a fully welded aluminum cage that includes the rafters? I know that my living quarters horse trailers have them and are really strong and rigid. I am really surprised to see the camping world still using wooden roof rafters.

Are there any issues about separation of the rafters from the aluminum walls after miles of over the road use?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I kind of answered your question in your last post.
I have moved this thread to the Torque Community forum.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't specifically say anything about the rafters, but again, it's all about price point.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hayseed,

If you're asking about owner experience with Torque trailers and how they hold up after many thousands of miles and years of service, I think they might be too new for anyone to give you long term feedback.

Hayseed

Well I was actually referring to all the toyhaulers I mentioned above. None have the aluminum rafters, all are wood. I find this odd, as the aluminum is not really more expensive and would really tie the coach together structurally if they were welded in and form a cage so to speak. I know the horse trailers I have owned never had to be sealed, even after years of abuse. I am relatively new to the camper world, 3 years, and find that having to do maintenance every time I pull the trailer is a bit of a pain! The seals near the hitch on my current (non Heartland) 5'ver crack open due to the vibration and flex. Welded aluminum construction has proven to solve this issue, as in the horse trailer.

I am basically asking why manufacturers have not, or if Heartland, fixed or addressed this issue.

Just information I would like to have before I purchase.

danemayer

You might do better to pick up the phone and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for the Toy Hauler Sales Team. They may be able to explain what drives that particular design decision.