SOLVED: Avatars? Please help me with it!

Hi there,thanks to your lovely team of administrators I'm back in place.

I just like to know how i can input an avatar ova my profile.

I tried all typo things none of them worked.

Maybe one of you can pm me a special page with avatars that work or maybe that one can put that special link.

Trust me buddies i followed the rules to the t but no way I'd get in there.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

scottyb

Re: Avatars? Please help me with it!

You can use any photo but it has a very small size limitation. I think it has a max width of 80 and file size of 19.5 kb. It can be found in the "Settings" tab at the top.

I'll have to give it one more shot then, but is there any website that ye recommend by any chance?

Sent from LG Prada 3.0 using Tapatalk

I think it'll help if the admins created a free avatars section to choose i. e. default avatars or something.

BobX2

There seems to be a problem with the avatar function. I tried to change mine, and now I can't even reload the one that I was using before.

I'm glad to see that. I wasn't venting out for nothing.
I'll contact the admins on this obviously there must be a problem like a permanent technical glitch of some kind.
:-Q

I suspect that used to be easy to add an avatar but perhaps due to forum maintenance updates the chances of both inserting & replacing an avatar are far fetched.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

BobX2

Anyone figured out what the problem is yet? This question seems to be getting ignored, and many are having an issue with it, including myself.

jimtoo

I just changed mine. When I up loaded the picture, it said that upload failed, but it did work. I did upload from a pic on my computer. Make sure the "Do not use Avatar" area in upper field is not checked.

Jim M

On Edit,,, just changed it again and it worked perfect, very fast. Thanks Dan.

wdk450

Can someone recommend a free online site to reduce jpegs down to the required 80 by 80 pixels?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are using a PC, you may have Paint installed.
Right click on the picture, then 'Open With' and select Paint if you have it.
You can resize easily with Paint.

Peace
Dave

Heathcote4

I am having similar problems......

I had a signature picture and an avatar picture and wanted to swap them. The avatar uploaded fine but the signature picture is not working, continually getting "unable to save image" message.

On a separate thread I downloaded the visited states jpeg and tried attaching it. It is formatted to 100X50 pixels and 3.88 kb well below the limit and still getting the same error.

Any thoughts?

Josh