How do you attach pictures to the walls?

Im a first timer w/ brand new Toy Hauler I have a fav large photo of our drag racing championship that I must, absolutely must, put up over the inside door of our toy hauler, but I don't want it to fall off during travel or when someone enters the door! How to attach it best? Multiple Velcro strips to the wall? Glue on hangers? Suggestions please?

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Think "weight" when you want to hang something on the walls. There are a number of products on the market. I use "command strips" but I also remove the things I hang from the wall while we are on the road (I leave the strips attached)...I have heard "horror stories" from those who have left things out and how those items end up stuck under a slide & damage the slide (cuz owners aren't aware of something stuck until they start moving the slides). So, no matter what you end up using, be aware.

MTPockets

We havea couple framed family pics on the wall held with the Industrial strength Velcro I picked up at Lowes. Been there now 2 yrs.

VKTalley

Im a first timer w/ brand new Toy Hauler I have a fav large photo of our drag racing championship that I must, absolutely must, put up over the inside door of our toy hauler, but I don't want it to fall off during travel or when someone enters the door! How to attach it best? Multiple Velcro strips to the wall? Glue on hangers? Suggestions please?

I have used the Command Strips, the Velcro type, and use four to hold up pictures. So far, we have only had two come down in the 15 months we have been traveling. We now check every so often to make sure they are stuck tight to the walls.

JanAndBill

We tried the command strips, tape, etc. but in the the summer the heat caused things to release. Now we use these and just take the pictures down when we move. They leave a small hole that isn't that visible and can be filled with a little putty if need be. Even the small ones are rated up to 10#.

50090.jpg

WCW

Depending on the weight we have had success with museum putty on pictures and vases, etc.

porthole

Retired
Now we use these and just take the pictures down when we move. They leave a small hole that isn't that visible and can be filled with a little putty if need be. Even the small ones are rated up to 10#.

View attachment 29148

We do the same, works fine for us.

I do use the 3M Command strips on a clock over the TV with no issues. I also use the above "picture nails" throughout our house.

I bought a whole lot of 3M command strips. Hooks for pet leashed, keys, measuring spoons, & pot holders; they make special ones for pictures & I just use 1-2 depending on the size. Just got the camper, so I'm still waiting to take a trip with the frames up to see how well it works

JanAndBill

Depending on the weight we have had success with museum putty on pictures and vases, etc.

We tried this but even on very light pictures, if it was on a wall that got direct sunlight, they would fail as soon as the wall heated up a little.

We have an 08' Cyclone. My oldest daughter and hubby raced a lot. I have plaques, trophies and pictures all hanging up with 3m double sided tape. Nothing has ever fallen off the walls. I have them on the top of our entertainment center, inside the slide walls and down the hallway going up to the bedroom. CAUTION! Once up, I would not remove. The removal is not clean.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have been using Command strips for all of our pictures in the camper, never having any problems or pictures falling off or coming loose. When we sold our Big Country, all the pictures came off without any problems or damage to the walls. Works great.

donr827

We tried the command strips, tape, etc. but in the the summer the heat caused things to release. Now we use these and just take the pictures down when we move. They leave a small hole that isn't that visible and can be filled with a little putty if need be. Even the small ones are rated up to 10#.View attachment 29148
Me too...............don

LandYacht

I just purchased my camper and have used the command strips that are specifically for picture hanging - not sure if that makes a difference but I even secured a shelf to the wall using them (just so you can get a mental image I bought a small book shelf for my bathroom for extra storage and to mount a toilet paper holder on but didn't want to screw it into the wall so I used the command strips for frames - so far so good!)