Step light switch

Majestic

We just picked up our Landmark Monterey and the light behind the stairs is on. We have searched, tried every switch in the unit and can find on that controls that light.

Help would be appreciated!

Majestic

Thanks Dick

As soon as i read this i remembered. Interesting they don't have it tied into the entry light switch.

Johnnyboy

Besides the remote switch, I found the outside step light switch inside the front door closet (on the Right) inside the cabinet on the very bottom, just left of the fuse box. I was told that it was placed here to allow you to reach in while you were outside of the trailer. Hope this was helpful.

Can anyone confirm if the step light on a 2013 BigHorn only works with the remote? I'm still waiting to receive the Linc remote from the dealer. I've looked high and low for a switch with no luck.

A7Echo

Thank you for posting this information. We just purchased a new 2015 Bighorn 3160 EL. We traded a Holiday Rambler MH and can't believe how much more spacious the 5th wheel is! The outside step light was our big challenge as we could not turn it off. The dealer didn't have an answer but thanks to the forum my problem is solved. Looking forward to getting more help as we progress through our new 5th wheel.

jimtoo

Hi A7Echo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Join us at a rally when you can, where you will meet lots of great folks.

Enjoy your new Bighorn.

Jim M

jdfishing

This has got to rank pretty close to the top of the mysteries of new Heartland Owners. It was for me and my dealer 1 1/2 years ago.