Install a Splendide 2100XC on a raised platform?

CrossWay

We have opted for a Splendide 2100XC combo washer/dryer in lieu of the stacked version in our new LM Savannah. The combo unit will be installed in the W/D closet, by our dealer, once our new unit arrives. I have measured the door opening on a combo unit and find it to be centered about 19" above the floor. This seems a bit low to me.
Has anyone installed one of these combo units on a raised platform in the W/D closet? Maybe about 24" high and, maybe, have a space below the unit for a dirty clothes basket.
Perspectives appreciated.
Thanks, Gene

Tallyrver

We had a combo unit that was inside a cabinet with storage above and below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 91

CrossWay

Thanks Wayne or Debbie,
That's a great example of raising the combo W/D so the door is at a more convenient height. Your cabinet is very classy. Looks great. Is it a custom cabinet?
We want to do a similar thing, but it will all be inside the factory, stacked W/D, closet. Hope to have storage above and below the Splendide combo, within the closet.
Thanks, Gene

Tallyrver

It was a factory setup,I liked the space but did not care for the washer dryer combo. It took a very long time to wash and dry a load. Some like it,I don't. I'm just finishing up installing a new a stackable setup today.

Wayne

ParkIt

It seems quite a few appliance stores now have the smaller pedestals for these size units that go under the washer so you get that added space. Not finding them online as much as specific appliance stores in the area, not sure what you would be close to but its worth checking individual stores by phone (or website if they have one).

I've got a washer/dryer closet as well, now that companies are in competition for HE 23" units the prices have come down to affordable!