confused: what pressure to run

aRAYwego

Truck is a 2013 Ram 3500 drw. All stock rims n tires. The sticker on the door gives me the psi of 80 for the fronts and 65 rear for max load. Sidewall of ALL tires say 80 psi for max load. Which do I follow. Also what pressure are similar trucks using when not towing for a better ride?

jnbhobe

Follow what the door says when running duals you use lower pressure to handle the max GVWR

hoefler

On all 3 of my Ram Dually's, 05, 08, and current 2010, I have run 80 in the front all the time, 80 in the rear with the Landmark in tow, and 45 in the rear when not towing the Landmark. I tow a 6500 pound enclosed trailer about 90% of the time for work. I rotate every 7500 miles, and get very even wear across all 6 tires.

alex00

I run the stickered pressure 80 front and 65 rear in my 14. I did the same with my 05. I don't find the ride harsh enough to lower the pressure when not towing.

whp4262

My 99 Dodge calls for 65 in the rear tires to. I've run 80 before so the tires don't squat so much but most of the time I just run what the door sticker calls for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We always run what's posted on the tires. The listing on the door is for the best ride when not hauling/pulling anything to get the best gas. Learned long time ago not to run what's posted on the doors in that the vehicle rides mushy and has some rolling action when the 5th wheel is hooked up.

Lynn1130

I don't have a Dodge and assume that the suggested pressures are correct for the vehicle but my Chevy has 65 front and 80 rear. Why is the Dodge reversed? the bed is what carries the most weight when hauling. I run 65 all around when not hauling and 80 in the rear with the trailer on. Those pressures seem to give the best ride and wear.

jnbhobe

I don't have a Dodge and assume that the suggested pressures are correct for the vehicle but my Chevy has 65 front and 80 rear. Why is the Dodge reversed? the bed is what carries the most weight when hauling. I run 65 all around when not hauling and 80 in the rear with the trailer on. Those pressures seem to give the best ride and wear.

The reason the rears are different is the Dodge he is talking about is a dually.