Sony Home Theater System Help

gunnere7

Hi,
I have a problem with my Sony Home Theater System. Whenever I turn it on to use the DVD player, i hear radio through my TV speakers. I saw something here about this but cannot find it. What do I need to do? This is on a 2014 Cyclone 3800 trailer. Thanks for your help.

danemayer

Are you saying that the DVD picture shows up on the TV but a radio station plays through the speakers that are built into the TV set?

Is there a DVD button on the remote to switch the system from radio mode to DVD mode?

Have you looked at the manual to see if it has any directions for playing a DVD?

What's the model # of the Sony surround sound?

gunnere7

The model is a DAV-TZ 140. It's the one in all the new Cyclones. What happens is when you turn the TV and Home Theater on and hit the button for DVD/CD, you hear a radio station playing over the TV speakers (Not the surround sound speakers). I saw someone post this issue before but can't find anything about it.

alex00

The model is a DAV-TZ 140. It's the one in all the new Cyclones. What happens is when you turn the TV and Home Theater on and hit the button for DVD/CD, you hear a radio station playing over the TV speakers (Not the surround sound speakers). I saw someone post this issue before but can't find anything about it.

I noticed a great deal of static coming from my TV speakers in my 4000 when I played with the DVD player. That may have been a radio station since I'd have terrible reception where I keep the trailer. I just turned down the TV speakers and ignored it.

Ladiver

Gunnere7,

That was me who posted it. The solution I found was to run a HDMI cable between the DAV-TZ 140 and the Television. I also think there was an input plugged into an output, but after tearing everything apart, the HDMI cable was already installed and working, so I reall did not test much after that.

I don't remember which input/output was the problem, but it was on the standard red/white/yellow cable.

gunnere7

I did notice thatit went away when I used a HDMI cable that I temp ran. Just haven't had thetime to run it permanently yet. That may be the only thing to do here. Thanksto all

danemayer

It's surprising that you would have the DVD playing video out to the TV and also sending the radio output. Usually all these combo units can only operate in one mode at a time.

I'd think as a starting point, you'd want to look at the back of the Sony to see what's plugged in to which connector. The manual shows HDMI and AVI (Y/R/W). If there's an HDMI cable, you can probably unplug the AVI cable. Then see if the DVD plays correctly.

If the AVI cable and HDMI cable are both connected, and you want to leave both, there may also be a audio menu setting on the TV that might correct the situation.

jeffdee

I had the same issue last summer on my 2014 3110 and posted this reply with a solution (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...nd-look-closer?p=331711&highlight=#post331711):

"I had the same issue with my surround sound (FM coming through the tv audio). What I found was there is a paired rca audio cord (red and white plugs) connected incorrectly to the tv. The dvd/surround sound system needs the audio - out signal from your tv. I found that my rca cord was connected to the input of the tv giving the fm feedback signal when playing the tv. When the rca cord is connected correctly then the dvd/surround sound will play the audio portion of the tv through the dolby sound system. I used an HDMI cable to connect the dvd/surround system to the tv to achieve a higher quality picture when playing movies. The HDMI cable takes care of the audio and video signals in a single connection."

However, you still need to connect the rca cables to the output of the tv to correct the fm radio feedback. I am surprised that Heartland has not read these posts and corrected the issue.

Hope this helps.

alex00

Jeff, thanks for posting this. Now hopefully I can connect a blu ray directly to the TV and play the audio though the surround system. I was resigned to just using TV speakers for blu ray audio.

I had the same issue last summer on my 2014 3110 and posted this reply with a solution (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...nd-look-closer?p=331711&highlight=#post331711):

"I had the same issue with my surround sound (FM coming through the tv audio). What I found was there is a paired rca audio cord (red and white plugs) connected incorrectly to the tv. The dvd/surround sound system needs the audio - out signal from your tv. I found that my rca cord was connected to the input of the tv giving the fm feedback signal when playing the tv. When the rca cord is connected correctly then the dvd/surround sound will play the audio portion of the tv through the dolby sound system. I used an HDMI cable to connect the dvd/surround system to the tv to achieve a higher quality picture when playing movies. The HDMI cable takes care of the audio and video signals in a single connection."

However, you still need to connect the rca cables to the output of the tv to correct the fm radio feedback. I am surprised that Heartland has not read these posts and corrected the issue.

Hope this helps.

alex00

I ran into a hiccup. It turns out my RCA cables were mistakenly placed on the TV inputs, instead of the outputs. I switched them around, and OTA TV sound came through the surround speakers like it should. However, I ran a Blu Ray player into the TV's HDMI input. The sound is not passing through the analog outputs going to the surround system. When I go into the Sansui TV menu, the option for digital audio pass through is grayed out. On the OTA TV input, I have the menu option to change how the digital audio signal is handled, but not on the HDMI inputs.

I'm currently stuck with 1080p picture and TV speakers, or surround sound and 480p picture. Sadly the Blu Ray/surround system I have from my old trailer is too big to fit in the provided spot where the OEM DVD player is.

Any thoughts on how to send digital audio from the HDMI input, back through the analog inputs to the OEM DVD player?

jeffdee

I will not be able to check my Sony player until tomorrow but does yours have an hdmi input as well as the hdmi output? Also, does the Sony player have an additional RCA audio plugin input beside what the tv is using?

Just a thought to plug the Blu-Ray into the Sony player if possible.

alex00

Unfortunately, no. It doesn't have inputs beyond the red and white RCA jacks. It has HDMI out, and a LAN connection but no digital audio/video inputs. I'm thinking a soundbar is in my future, except there is no easy place to put the sub. The fireplace has a built in cubby, so there is no access to the basement when removing the fireplace.

Hopefully I can sort this out. I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to AV stuff, and this is stumping me.

I will not be able to check my Sony player until tomorrow but does yours have an hdmi input as well as the hdmi output? Also, does the Sony player have an additional RCA audio plugin input beside what the tv is using?

Just a thought to plug the Blu-Ray into the Sony player if possible.

priorguy

You probably have to shut the TV speakers off the get the audio pass through to work. It would all be done on the RV menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk