Block heaters for PS 6.0

Loco

Just in case some of you are looking for block heater cords. Which Fords does not put on 6.0 PS. The heater is in the block but not the cord. I found some on E-bay for 24.00 bucks. Ford wants almost 100.00 bucks

nhunter

I believe Ford only leaves block heater cords off in the southern states. That is pretty cheap compared to the 100 bucks they want for one though.

cliffhanger

That is correct, Ford doesn't include the plug in warm weather states. Aftermarket is lots cheaper. Seems like you have plenty of aptitude to install it. Should only take 15-20 min.

Cooper

I live in Texas and mine had the cord. Every Ford diesel I have owned (5)came with the cord.
2001,2003,2005,2006,2008 all where diesel and came with the block heater cord.

Tom of Ypsi

My 05 had the option for the heater cord and at that time I was in Michigan which was considered by Ford a non cold state. I know my truck was made in Kentucky but headquarters is in Michigan. I sometimes wonder about the thinking of the manufacturers, ask the public and they can tell you more than a paid employee.

kognito

The engines are made by International. International installs the element in all engines.

I paid 8.64 for the cable at an International dealer in NJ.

Maybe I should buy some more and sell them on Ebay for 24 bucks!