Evergreen journal of more mod's in my new Savannah

MrRvGypsy

DSC_0508.jpgDSC_0515.jpgDSC_0517.jpg

#1:
I removed the screen from the bottom panel of the screen door and replaced with a piece of 3mm Lexan. The Lexan is framed with white vinyl extrusions to dress the edges. We have 2 dogs that would have ruined the screen material very quickly.
#2:
Installed 18 inch brushed nickel towel bar below cabinet in toilet room using hollow wall butterfly anchors . Also replaced existing towel ring in toilet room to match new towel bar.
#3:
Installed matching brushed nickel towel ring and makeup mirror to the left and right of the bedroom sink.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Towel bar looks similar except we used toilet paper holder for a hand towel instead of cutting one down. I plan on doing the lexan here pretty soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dober2004

Love what you did to the door. We have only had one weekend trip and I can see my dogs destroying the screens also. Was it difficult to find the material or to do the change over? I will be showing my husband this one first thing tonight....lol

MrRvGypsy

Love what you did to the door. We have only had one weekend trip and I can see my dogs destroying the screens also. Was it difficult to find the material or to do the change over? I will be showing my husband this one first thing tonight....lol

Dober: Thanks for the kind words. I got the material for this mod from a window and door repair shop. I took my whole screen door in and he cut the lexan to fit for me.
He provided vinyl extrusion to go over the edges of all four sides of the Lexan to sitffen and dress the Lexan edge. He cut the Lexan down to allow the final dimensions with the vinyl edges extrusions installed to fit inside the door frame from the inside of the door. The door frame support the Lexan storm across the top and bottom but the sides wanted to bow outward. The lock it in a found a small white aluminum extrusions that when cut to length fit in the frame form the outside on the vertical sides and lock the Lexan storm in form the outside on the vertical sides. I used tiny metal screws to secure the extrusions in place. If you would like i can take additional pictures showing more details. Just ask.

Dober2004

Dober: Thanks for the kind words. I got the material for this mod from a window and door repair shop. I took my whole screen door in and he cut the lexan to fit for me.
He provided vinyl extrusion to go over the edges of all four sides of the Lexan to sitffen and dress the Lexan edge. He cut the Lexan down to allow the final dimensions with the vinyl edges extrusions installed to fit inside the door frame from the inside of the door. The door frame support the Lexan storm across the top and bottom but the sides wanted to bow outward. The lock it in a found a small white aluminum extrusions that when cut to length fit in the frame form the outside on the vertical sides and lock the Lexan storm in form the outside on the vertical sides. I used tiny metal screws to secure the extrusions in place. If you would like i can take additional pictures showing more details. Just ask.

Absolutely! I would love to see a few close up pics of the door if you get a chance.

MrRvGypsy

More MOD's and more pictures of my storm door
DSC_0519.jpgDSC_0522.jpgDSC_0523.jpgDSC_0524.jpg
The pictures above show the details of how the Lexan was framed and secured on the horizontal top and bottom from the inside and on the vertical sides from the outside. As mentioned before the outside extrusions are white powder coated aluminum while the extrusions framing the Lexan are vinyl.

A new MOD I just finished is a pullout tea towel holder located on the left side of the cabinet where the garbage can is located in the kitchen island
DSC_0528.jpgI stained a 1x3x18 inch piece of wood and glue and screwed it into the thin cabinet sheeting as a cleat to mount the holder on.
I have also installed my Sirius satellite radio receiver and wired it into the surround sound bar AUX input as well as my satellite TV receiver into the TV's HDMI #2 input.
I also made my reservation with MorRyde today to have their IS and Kodiak brakes option installed 2 weeks from now in Elkhart. Can't wait to get this done. :)

Possum51

What is a IS and Kodiak brake option? We are newbies and really don't know what you are talking about!

danemayer

Hi Possum51,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Mor-Ryde offers a product that replaces axles with independent suspension. Here's a link to their product page. Kodiak brakes are a disc brake offering that replaces electric trailer brakes.