RW owners who use a CPAC machine with no shelve next to bed

DiverB

I really like the RW 415 & 425, but the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is, there is no night stand next to the bed or little shelve. I'm a little hesitant about drilling into the slide wall to make a little shelve. Any RW 415/425 owners that require a CPAC machine to sleep, and if so what are you all doing?

ILH

Although my rig is slightly different, my wife puts her machine on the floor in the closet. There is a plug on that side of the bed. In the morning, everything goes neatly away in the closet when we make the bed.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Not sure if the Cyclone comes with it, but our Landmark comes with a "sofa" table that fits between the bed and the wall...DH puts a fan on top and his CPAP on the bottom...you could probably order one from Heartland.

DiverB

Thanks, I was thinking I could just use a milk crate upside down and inquire about getting a longer hose

szewczyk_john

Many of us have copied Posthole's over the headboard shelf to give us a small bedroom shelf. Not sure what size you are looking for but check his thread under post # 43 here : //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins/page5?highlight=so+it+begins

You will find many of his modifications on your to due list.

JanAndBill

I had some old 3/4" Formica covered particle board that I used to make a rectangular box open on both ends. I made the height equal to the height of the bed and the width, just less than the space between the bed and closet, and the length equal to the length of my C-Pap. It's heavy enough that it stays put. Being open ended when we are ready to leave it sits in the closet, and still leaves space to fill with shoes, bags, etc.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My wife uses a small plastic fold up step stool.
It stands about 12" high and folds up easily for storage.

Peace
Dave

DiverB

Thank you all very much. Wish Heartland would just add that little shelve to the RW 415/425 like they do on the Cyclone 4100

danemayer

If you've seen a shelf that would fit, get the VIN # of that rig and a picture of the shelf and call Heartland parts.

Our Landmark came with a shelf made out of the countertop material. I wanted a 2nd for the CPAP. I think it was $35. Had to cut a piece of wood to mount it on and attach it to the walls. Now I have 2 matching shelves.

wdk450

I wonder if just a fold up wooden TV tray table would fit the overnight table need? It could be stored in the closet, and used for other table needs during the day.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I also have a CPAP machine that I started on last year so there were only a few camping trips that I had to deal with. I have a cyclone 3010 and there are no side tables or shelves at bed side. I designed a table that I have yet to build that is simply three pieces of wood - in the shape of a "Z" with the vertical being straight not an an angel. This winter I found the same basic design in plastic on the web but have not purchased it to see if it will work. the design is good especially if you hinge and brace the top to allow for easy removal to make the bed. here is a link to the plastic version - it may do for what you need or at least be a proof of concept for one made out of wood.

Kevin

http://shutupandtakemymoney.com/bedside-shelf/

ILH

Kevin - I'm a bit concerned that this table wouldn't handle the weight of the CPAP machine.

recumbent615

Oh I agree 100% - that is why I am planning on making it out of wood with a folding top that locks in place. the base and vertical section will be fixed, but the top would beable to fold down and would have a locking brace similar to the kitchen counter extensions in some of the rigs ( the 3010 is one of them ) there are other similar type tables but every one has the same complaint that they are just not stable... as soon as I get the winter cleaned out of my work shop I'll try to make one up and post up some photos. weather here in Mass is going to be 60-70 degrees for the next few days so I might get some cleaning done out in the garage/shop area..

ILH

If you sleep on the north side of the bed, have you considered a shelf just inside the closet? That way you could put a hook on the wall in the closet to store the hose when not in use. Just a thought.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I set my CPAP on the floor. With the wife and two Doxies in the bed I don't move very far anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recumbent615

Nice look. I think that could be done on most of the HL models that have the bed bump out.
Not big enough for a CPAP machine though

ILH

Nice look. I think that could be done on most of the HL models that have the bed bump out.
Not big enough for a CPAP machine though

My wife got a new CPAP machine this year (took the previous one to the trailer) - the new one is REALLY small. I think a small CPAP machine might fit on there. However, on my 305, the plug is on the other side of the bed - and then you have the hoses to consider during the day for storage.

recumbent615

Mine is new last summer and still with the humidifier it would not fit on that table. But if your were going to build/add it to your current setup I guess it could be made to meet the needs of a given system.

Last edited: