Heartland Customer Service

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I just want to say how happy I am with my Heartland Landmark and the customer service I have received over the past year and most recently this week.

Brief history, moved to Heartland in 2012 from Jayco with a Bighorn purchase then 2 seasons later moved to our present 2013 Landmark Key Largo. In the past I have posted one or two rants about QC and product issues but now it is time to rant about Great Customer Service. Yes, I have had a few items that needed attention and when first found or located I was unhappy, we did spend a lot of money but I have learned to take a deep breath and approach the issue in a calm and professional manner.

Sometimes in life, we forget we all are human and mistakes are made and things are said that don't immediately satisfy us. But I have had the opportunity to travel to Elkhart this week for some service directly from the Heartland Corporation and have nothing but praise for the people I have met and dealt with.

This week I had some paint issues corrected by Carrera Custom Paint, they paint for Heartland and many other brands and did they make me a comeback customer, not that I hope I ever have to have body work done. Pam Hays, VP Operations, and my contact at Carrera Custom Paint and her shop manager Joe, both went out of their way to make me happy and correct my issues. Both Heartland and Carrera coordinated my repair in their facility and when I picked up my coach this afternoon it was better than new.

I also had time to kill so I went by the Heartland Corporate officers to meet people I have talked to on the phone and everyone was appreciative and had time to talk to me. Once again a big shout out to Heartland and Carrera Custom Paints for their service and standing by their product.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Jim,

I'm happy to hear this worked out very well for you. Looking forward to your feedback on the Mor/ryde IS and Disc Brakes upgrade once you get a chance to tow home with it. See you in VA.

murry135

Yep will let you know. They have some operation here and at Heartland, I am impressed and glad to see it. Every owner should experience this part of owning a Heartland. It bolsters my confidence in the product and the products they use. By the way saw the Owners Club montage on the wall in HL Corporate Office.

bob34787

I don't understand how Heartland seems to take care of requests and service so well and I called for a simple fender brace and was told to make one myself, seems rather uncaring to someone who bought a brand new Landmark just 2 months ago. If I wanted to fix things myself I would have bought a used RV.

murry135

I cannot explain the response you got . All I can say is I have not experienced that type of response.

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut

bob34787

guess I just asked the wrong person, I even said please! I can't believe they would rather pay a dealer to make a new brace and install it rather than just send me one.

Tallyrver

I called Heartland two weeks ago to ask where to put the dryer vent ,the tech told me there was a sticker...no there is not a sticker. He told me he was going to contact engineering to get the info...I called back a couple of days later ,"still waiting for engineering " I'm glad some great people on this forum helped me out, I would still be waiting.

Wayne