This is strange

Rodbuster

I was walking by the RV this morning when I heard a noise. It sounded like....Pshhhhhh.
I opened up the door to the outdoor entertainment center. The sound system was on and I have no idea why. I pushed the power button to shut it off and went about my business.
A couple of hours later, I'm walking by the RV again and I hear that same Pshhhhhh. Once again the outdoor sound system. We have the same unit inside the RV in the bedroom. I checked it and it was not on. So I went back outside and hit the power button to shut the unit off again.
Same thing happened again a short time later (about 10 or 15 minutes).
Nobody has been in the RV for a few days and nobody has been messing with the unit and/or the remote.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on???

2014 Landmark Grand Canyon

The unit that I'm talking about is a;
GENESIS GT-2.0

Thank you
Dick

Rodbuster

Thanks for getting back to me Ken.

No, there is nobody at all in the area.
We are not in a campground, the RV is here at our home.

Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Did you have the remote in your pocket? Other keys hitting it while you walk? Second idea - does the Genesis have an "alarm clock" function? It could have been accidentally set and keeps turning on automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I have had the same issue - where a nearby neighbor was using there remote and turning on my TV ... at the same time as they turned on their set ... lowering the blinds took care of the issue for me.

mikeandconnie

Ours did the same thing and it was due to mositure. I replaced the radio under warranty and the new one did the samething.. Rain enters the compartment when it's blowing or in towing ... The replacement radio worked fine after it dyed out. I then took it out until I find a solution for the leakage..
I was walking by the RV this morning when I heard a noise. It sounded like....Pshhhhhh.
I opened up the door to the outdoor entertainment center. The sound system was on and I have no idea why. I pushed the power button to shut it off and went about my business.
A couple of hours later, I'm walking by the RV again and I hear that same Pshhhhhh. Once again the outdoor sound system. We have the same unit inside the RV in the bedroom. I checked it and it was not on. So I went back outside and hit the power button to shut the unit off again.
Same thing happened again a short time later (about 10 or 15 minutes).
Nobody has been in the RV for a few days and nobody has been messing with the unit and/or the remote.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on???

2014 Landmark Grand Canyon

The unit that I'm talking about is a;
GENESIS GT-2.0

Thank you
Dick

Rodbuster

I'm going to check out some of your thoughts this morning.

As far as;
Bluetooth....we have never paired it with any other device but will check to see if we put it on by accident. (don't think so)
Remote in pocket.... we have not touched the remote.
Alarm clock function.... I'll check it out, but like I said, nobody has been in the RV for at least a week.
Moisture.... The RV is in a steel building totally sealed off from the elements.

And finally.... Is it on top of an ancient burial ground?
My wife and I will be going to Home Depot this morning to pick up a couple of shovels. I'll be back later with an answer.

Thank you for all your thoughts, keep em coming, I don't think we hit upon it yet.
Once again, the RV has been in a steel building out of the elements and probably is somewhat protected from wandering remote signals. Nobody has been in the RV or playing with the remote. It just started doing this yesterday. I walk by the RV "at least"4 times a day, everyday.

Thank you
Dick

I will certainly let you know what I find out.

Lou_and_Bette

Dick, I have heard that some of the radios have the emergency function so if there is a weather warning they kick on. So, any bad weather in your area and is this function on, if you have that function available?

Rodbuster

Lou and Bette, that's a great thought but the radio or the manual does not refer to any weather warning system.

Ya know Gus, I was thinking the same thing. Problem with that is, if it's my "magnetic personality", we'll just have to live with it the way it is....I'm too old to change.

Thank you again to everybody trying to resolve this, but we're still not there. It happened again twice this morning....I just shut it off again for the second time.

Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
On a serious note - I'm inclined to lean toward (that's redundant, isn't it?) the weather alert function if one is built in. I seen other types of radios go off with these even thought the weather system in question was quite a ways off or in a different part of the state. Check the manual for this function and if it exists, try disabling it. Although improbable, your metal storage building could be acting like a giant antenna, attenuating radio signals from some distance away. A stretch maybe, but hey, sounds like all ideas are on the table.