IPI Berg System 2

GWRam

Has anyone used the IPI Berg System 2 to feed your Honda or other brand generator for extended run purposes? Feedback on this system or any other extended run fuel system for Honda generators will be appreciated. I run dual Honda 2000i generators and would love to reduce the number of fuelings required on a raceweek or boondock trip. Thanks for your thoughts.
Dave

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has anyone used the IPI Berg System 2 to feed your Honda or other brand generator for extended run purposes? Feedback on this system or any other extended run fuel system for Honda generators will be appreciated. I run dual Honda 2000i generators and would love to reduce the number of fuelings required on a raceweek or boondock trip. Thanks for your thoughts.
Dave

Not sure about those brands but I built my own using evinrude style connectors from the boat store and bought couple spare caps from Honda shop. Now I pull from a 12 gallon boat tank and can run from noon Friday to 10 am Sunday on about 20 gallons or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWRam

Sounds interesting, did you use stock caps and drill holes through them? if so where on the cap? and just put the fuel line through? Any photos?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I do the same as Andy, but I have Kipor gennies.
Like him I bought two extra caps, took them apart but added Yamaha fittings.

Peace
Dave

jassson007

Sounds interesting, did you use stock caps and drill holes through them? if so where on the cap? and just put the fuel line through? Any photos?

The caps can be taken apart. There is a vent in the top that turns to open and close, take out the pin holding it together and it just about all falls apart in your hand. I used a barbed connection in side the cap and a couple of washers to hold things together and create an air tight connection as you want the vacuum to pull fuel from your remote tank and not suck air. The boat tank is vented though.

alex00

I used the IP Berg system to run my pair of Hondas. I was really happy with it, and the quick connects made it easy to use one or both generators. The hoses were sealed when not connected, so only attaching one generator was a non issue. It was so much easier to fill the extended tank with a 5 gallon jug than the generator. That alone made the system worth it. The nice thing about not drilling the cap is that I can run a single genny without the tank.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I use the IP Berg system and love it! Super simple with quick disconnects. You can run one or both at the same time. It even runs with only. One generator hooked up to it and still maintains the vacuum to keep the fuel flowing.

Rod Ditrich

GWRam

alex00 and For20hunter thanks for the feedback on the Ip Berg system. It sounds simple and effective.

jasssoon007 and cookie thanks for the ideas on making my own. I have been looking online at marine stores (there is nothing near me storefront wise). I really don't know what I'm looking for as far as parts to make the hose system trouble free. I do like that if I self build I could use a tank larger than 6 gallons. Of course I may possibly be able to use a 9 or 12gall tank with the Berg hose system.

Thank You
Dave

jassson007

Not a problem. Most of my parts can be bought at Walmart in the boat/Rv section.

alex00

You're welcome. When I priced it out, it was almost the same price to buy the parts and make my own, as getting the system as a whole. I bought from Wise Sales a few years ago.