Damaged wheel skirting

aelenz

This January we had a tire blow out on the passenger side of my 2008 Sundance 2900MK. Had to change the tire on the side of the road and we were running again after about an hour. This unit has a kitchen slide out on the passenger side and the wheel skirting is part of this slide out. The trailer had the front wheel skirting torn off and it was lost somewhere along the highway. Where can I find replacement wheel skirts? I do not need the full length on the passenger side, just the shorter front section that is just behind the entry door. Are these sold in sections or just the full length of a side?
I should be able to replace the missing skirt if I can get an idea of where to start looking. Any help? Thanks.

danemayer

Hi aelenz,

Start by calling Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. The parts department may be able to help you. It would help to have a picture so there's no confusion about the part you want.

stevenssr

This January we had a tire blow out on the passenger side of my 2008 Sundance 2900MK. Had to change the tire on the side of the road and we were running again after about an hour. This unit has a kitchen slide out on the passenger side and the wheel skirting is part of this slide out. The trailer had the front wheel skirting torn off and it was lost somewhere along the highway. Where can I find replacement wheel skirts? I do not need the full length on the passenger side, just the shorter front section that is just behind the entry door. Are these sold in sections or just the full length of a side?
I should be able to replace the missing skirt if I can get an idea of where to start looking. Any help? Thanks.

If it's the piece I'm thinking of it comes in one big long piece (about 5 feet long). However, if the slide comes out in the middle of them it should come in two pieces. I replaced them on my previous RV just due to sun aging. If I remember right (and it's been awhile), I think I got two of them for less than $200. They were relatively easy to replace.

GWRam

Do like Dan said. Our wheel skirt needed replacing. A phone call to Heartland with Vin# and we had our new skirt in less than 2 weeks.

Garypowell

I had this happen in 2011 and only needed a 5 foot section for my 3055. I seem to recall that HL would only sell me a roll that would do the whole trailer. So I went to a local metal fab shop and bought a piece of scrap he had for $30.

I took a piece of the damaged metal with me to match up.

I waited for for the new plastic wheel open trim show up bought a tin snip and was looking good as new after an afternoons work. I recall using a 12 ounce plastic soda bottle to help roll the bottom edge.

danemayer

I had this happen in 2011 and only needed a 5 foot section for my 3055. I seem to recall that HL would only sell me a roll that would do the whole trailer. So I went to a local metal fab shop and bought a piece of scrap he had for $30.

I took a piece of the damaged metal with me to match up.

I waited for for the new plastic wheel open trim show up bought a tin snip and was looking good as new after an afternoons work. I recall using a 12 ounce plastic soda bottle to help roll the bottom edge.
Are you talking about the wheel fender/skirt, or the J-Wrap?

Garypowell

I lost both fender skirt and I guess what you call the J-wrap....what I would call the sheet metal skirting thar runs all along the bottom of the trailer. Now that I reread OP it seems maybe he only lost plastic part which is readily available from HL. I think mine was only $75.