Dometic Model 310 Leaking Water Valve

DRGalligher

We were unable to winterize last fall and now during our spring systems check we found that the valve going into the toilet between the water line and the pedal is leaking. Does the entire toilet have to be removed to replace this valve?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a LINK to the Tools area that will take you to the Dometic 310 parts manual.
You should be able to tell from the diagram if the toilet will have to be removed or if you can just change the part.
I suspect that you will not have to remove the toilet.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi DRGalligher,

If you have an ice maker/water dispenser in your refrigerator, you'll want to check the water supply line and solenoids for possible damage. They're very susceptible to freeze damage. Also, the water pump has a plastic strainer cup on the input side that holds water. The cup and the water pump itself are susceptible to freeze damage.

ICamel

I just replaced the water valve in the same model this week. No, you don't have to remove the toilet. There are two tabs on the valve that you just need to depress with a stubby screwdriver to disengage the valve from the housing on the back of the toilet. Remove the two hoses where connected to the valve. The hose from the valve to the toilet will likely have a pex crimp ring, and that will be the hardest to remove. I took a vise-grip and squeezed it where the crimp is until I could get a small blade screw driver inserted and enlarged the crimp to the point where the hose slid off from the valve. The replacement valve will come with a worm gear hose clamp to replace the pex crimp ring. Just reinstall the hoses to the valve and snap it back into the housing on the back of the toilet. Valve was $36.29 at a local RV Parts supplier. I found the lowest price from Adventure RV on the internet, but the local price was only about $1 more and they had it in stock, so no waiting for shipping. Dometic part number is #385311641.

We were unable to winterize last fall and now during our spring systems check we found that the valve going into the toilet between the water line and the pedal is leaking. Does the entire toilet have to be removed to replace this valve?

DRGalligher

Thanks for all the information. We replaced the water valve today along with a tool from Home Depot. Water Valve was $37 from Camping World and all in all the tool and crimps were about $70 so we at least have this on hand. Added water to the system, ran the pump and no leaks. Pump cycled off correctly with on intermittent cycling. Thanks!

DRGalligher

Hi DRGalligher,

If you have an ice maker/water dispenser in your refrigerator, you'll want to check the water supply line and solenoids for possible damage. They're very susceptible to freeze damage. Also, the water pump has a plastic strainer cup on the input side that holds water. The cup and the water pump itself are susceptible to freeze damage.

We don't have an ice maker/water dispenser but we will check the water pump for any damage. So far we haven't seen any leaking. Thanks!