Please add leveling for Fifth Wheels also

stsmark

Hi all,
Sold my Cyclone (massive withdrawals), time for a dedicated Fiver. We both really like the 2880 RLT floorplan it's the perfect size for us. I wish there was enough market for a 32' full profile. Since I don't have a VIN number any more I cant post to ask the factory so here goes. Why is Leveling an option on the Sundance TT but not on the Fifth Wheel? I'll be ordering in a month or so and would love to have it factory installed.

Thanks Mark

danemayer

Hi stsmark,

You may want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 to discuss. Ask for Paul Craven or someone on his Sundance Team.

jbeletti

Hi Mark,

I can't speak for Paul, though he may respond here. I believe we wanted to offer something in the travel trailer segment that was useful and that no one else was doing. To my knowledge, the auto-leveling in the Sundance TT is going over very well.

I believe, but could be wrong, that the plant we assemble the Sundance 5th wheels in, does not do any LevelUp installs. This could be the primary reason we're unable to offer it on the Sundance 5th wheel.

This said, consider the Ground Control product from Reico-Titan - an electric leveling system. Many have had this, some installed themselves and I understand that it's quite effective and reliable.

stsmark

Thanks Gents,
I really was spoiled by my 2812, I'm kicking myself for selling. I do want to say thanks to HL we loved it for 3 1/2 years and sold it for 82% of the original purchase price including sales tax. Routine maint, yes but nothing broke.

The Ground Control was on my list but would love to have it factory installed if possible, no big deal we can bang it out on a weekend at the airport.

Thanks again Mark

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jim has put a link to the Reico-Titan Wireless Ground Control Leveling system. We have had 2 of these installed on 2 different Heartland products and would do it again if we have a coach that doesn't have the auto leveling system. Lippert bought Reico-Titan out but still sells the system to those that want an after market product. Our local rv dealership installed it and Camping World now sells and installs it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's not too complicated to install Ground Control yourself. DH did it in one day, by himself, on the fairgrounds at the Goshen Rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Paul.craven

Hi Mark. Yes Jim is correct, we only offer the 4 point level-up on our TT's. We redesigned this product a little over a 1 1/2 yrs ago, and every trailer that we built had the level-up installed with brackets from Lippert. Also correct that we were the only Mfg offering this option on TT's, and we did so to separate ourselves from the competition. At this time we are not offering the leveling system on Sundance FW's; however we do understand there is growing interest from retail customers and will of course keep our eye on the expanding use of this option in RV products. I hope this helps and it looks like the forum has been a good resource for this type of information; as I have read all the posts from Jim B. and several others who have made great after-market suggestions.