Pilot light continually goes out

Riski

We manually light the pilot (which we find interesting since we are full timing and think it should be lit continuously) and when the oven reached the set temperature and the burners turn off the pilot also goes out and the oven loses the set temperature. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we light the oven pilot, we use the oven, which does not turn off the pilot when it reaches the set temperature. If your's is in fact turning off at the set point, it will likely need checking by a dealer. We don't leave the pilot on because it would burn a lot of propane needlessly.

pegmikef

I agree with Jay, something must be up because in the last three HL products (including this one) I have owned, once the pilot light is lit it stays on until we turn it off. We only stop for a few days at a time so the first time DW wants to use the oven, I light the pilot and leave it on until we get ready to move.

Riski

Got it on the pilot light. We are going to light it and leave it on and not use the oven. The unit is new so, maybe, there is a bit of a break-in period. Thanks!

wdk450

I think there is a problem with your gas valve or pilot flame temperature sensor bulb. You need to contact your warranty servicer, or contact the manufacturer of the oven.

Beemer

Mine does the same thing. Very irritating to keep lighting the thing to get your food done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rickhansen

Have you adjusted the pilot flame size? Maybe it just needs turned up a little. If you light the pilot, remove the oven knob, there is an adjustment screw accessible through the slot on the front of the range. It takes a small straight-slot screw driver.

Beemer

Had to take not only the knob but also the front facia off. There are 2 adjustable screws. One underneath the valve and also to the left of the valve. I tried adjusting both and didn't see significant change in pilot flame size. Think my next step is to contact Suburban and see what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riski

Ok, I figured this one out. We left the know on the pilot light position and the pilot has stayed on. And, is brighter after doing so. My feeling is the pilot was blowing out once the burners turned off when they the temperature of the oven reached the set temperature and was blown out due, if anything, to the newness of the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk