Observations after winter opening

DMAN302

We opened up our 3650BH 2014 last week after a LONG bitter winter. Couple issues that we found that should be mentioned for new owners to check. I first noticed the grahics at the back of the unit that meet and are caulked over at the rear trim piece had lifed on both sides. Looks like the caulking may have shifted due to the cold weather and pulled the graphic along for the ride allowing moisture in under the vinyl. Second...non of the slides are square in how the sit when out...the living room slide is flush at the top and aprox 1" out on the bottom. The kitchen slide is further extended flush out on the front...but again way from the wall an inch on the right..with that, the rubber seal had pulled away from the unit and retracted in towards the slide down by the lower rear are nearest the stove...about a 1/2 gap of daylight was coming in..and the rubber seal is a bit beaten up on the outside rubber....seems to be out of square for sure. Bunk bed slide in the kids room...again back side closes flush and the side closest to the front of the trailer by the bathroom is about an inch out...if you have this unit, you will be aware how close the bathroom door comes to the slide wood frame when open...an inch means alot there. Lastly...my shocks for the outdoor kitchen have weakend and allowed me the all time great experience of walking into an open door compartment, that was not as open as it had been just momemts prior...unexpectedly...that sucked.

Now the good...water or moisture issues over the winter...nope...smells new....it's still a gorgeous unit that glistens on the outside while all the others show the grime mother nature left on their trailers. She weathers so well...looks so good....couldn't be happier really aside from a few dealer to fix issues. Just a few things to check out before purchasing to make sure all is done...would I buy again? I'd bring a backup pen incase my first one ran out of ink sining the papers..LOL..yes I would.

Question though...seriously....are we the only ones that have the heavy duty harder than life to open folding exterior steps.....bending iron bars might be easier that opening out this set of step....I'm sure that will loosen up though>

travis_g

A couple of squirts of white lithium grease on the steps at the joints will loosen them right up. I used to need a crow bar to open them now can do it with a single finger. 😁

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

ILH

At the beginning of last year our steps froze solid. The dealer had to work on them to get them working again.