2008 - April 24-27 - RV Capital VI / RV.net Rally - Elkhart, Indiana

jbeletti

Hi all,

The 6th annual Elkhart Rally is coming up this April 24-27, 2008. There will be at least 2 Heartland unita there - Pulltab and myself (and yorkiemom of course)!

There is still space available. If you are interested in joining that group, visit this thread on RV.net and post a reply that you are interested, then send a PM on RV.net to user Teacher's Pet with your details (names, arrival and departure date, rig info etc.).

It may still be cold, but then again, who really knows... I've heard they've had snow on the ground at this rally before.

For me, it will be a shakedown outing of the new unit. I have also arranged with Coley Brady to provide a factory tour for any rally attendees interested on Friday afternoon, the 25th. If you're close to the area, can't camp or don't have a trailer yet and want to join the tour, consider doing so.

Join us :)

Jim

Last edited:

kkamshop

We are planning to go again this year if I can arrange the time off - we go by TheAmRheins on rv.net. It is a great group of folks - glad you can join us Jim & Nancy. Can we have a tour of your new unit?
The Heartland tour last year was the best we have ever attended!

jbeletti

Ken and Kathy,

Hey, there's at least one other Ken and Kathy on this forum!

Great to hear from you and I am looking forward to meeting you if you end up being able to make it.

Yes of course you may tour the trailer - it's open to all.

Glad you enjoyed the Heartland tour at last year's Elkhart rally. Coley should do a good job for us this year for those who may be interested in it.

Freezing in Chicago (-2 F)

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Ken and Kathy,

Hey, there's at least one other Ken and Kathy on this forum!

Great to hear from you and I am looking forward to meeting you if you end up being able to make it.

Yes of course you may tour the trailer - it's open to all.

Glad you enjoyed the Heartland tour at last year's Elkhart rally. Coley should do a good job for us this year for those who may be interested in it.

Freezing in Chicago (-2 F)

Jim

Jim..you were on the right track but no bananas for you...KaKampers and us make three...Ken & Kathy's....;)another Ken

jbeletti

Seems that "Kens and Kathys" and "RVs" go together like "peas and carrots".

A fully attended "Kens and Kathys who own Heartlands" rally would be bigger than our first Illinois rally so far.

Jim

Niles

Hi Jim, went to the web-site and sent a message to Teachers pet, but no answer, said their off hiding somewhere. Am interested in coming, but would like some details about it. Cost for one, how big are the sites, and if SOB's are welcome. Thanks

jbeletti

Hi guys,

Yes, SOBs welcome. So far, only two Heartland units there. Would like to see more. If you have friends that want to come with you that don't own a Heartland unit (yet!), they will be in the majority.

I cannot answer any venue questions as I have never seen this CG. There's a website for it (Elkhart Campground).

There is no cost for the rally - only your camping fees. Read through some of the first few pages of that thread on RV.net as I think the price is in their somewhere.

Be great to see you there. Maybe you and your friends can take the Heartland tour that has been setup for that Friday afternoon.

Jim

Niles

Thanks for the info, I know we'll be on the tour for sure, and will try to bring friends to show them the error of their ways!!!:D:D:D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We really like that idea Jim...a "Ken and Kathy, Heartland owners rally"...

Katken...hope we get to run into you guys in the near future...are you going to Branson, we are? Maybe we can get together there...start our own club!! LOL:D

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We really like that idea Jim...a "Ken and Kathy, Heartland owners rally"...

Katken...hope we get to run into you guys in the near future...are you going to Branson, we are? Maybe we can get together there...start our own club!! LOL:D
Yep.. looks like we all can meet up in Branson and tell all kinds of tall tales and talk about our adventures. We will be looking forward to the grand meet up and Rally fun times. :) Kenny & Kathy Sue :D

kkamshop

We're just going to have to pull the trigger on a Heartland and have a "big ole" Ken & Kathy rally!!

As for the Elkhart rally, the campground is nice, not fancy but plenty of room for big rigs. There are not many trees in the area where we stay, so sat TVs should work fine. All you need to do is let Teacher's Pet know you are coming, no reservations needed.

In addition to the factory tour(s) the RV Hall of Fame & Museum is not far away and is a nice place to visit if you haven't been there yet.

kakampers

Hey, I just noticed we have something else in common!! A love for the "sporting" breed of dog. You have Welsh Spring Spaniels, and we have a Llewellyn (English) Setter.

In fact her coloring is the same as the dog in your picture. Here's one of our girl Katie :)

100_1132.jpg

kakampers

kkamshop...what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get that new rig...Branson is just around the corner...this "club" thing is sounding better and better!!:D

quandee

Hi,
Ok sign me up! My unit. 2008 Bighurn, is already at Elkhart Campgrond in Winter Storage.
Paul Quandee

Elkhart, IN
2008 3670RL Bighorn and
2002 F250 super cab Diesel
w/AirBags

Last edited:

Corin1110

I tried going to the site to register for the Elkhart rally but was unable to send a PM to Teacher's Pet, or post a reply. I sent registration info but can't log in. There may be a delay for an approval process.

Any ideas how I can register for the rally?

Corin1110

Elkhart Rally

We made it. Finally got registered for the April rally in Elkhart, IN. We're a little nervous. Just getting our first 5er this Saturday so we'll be new drivers, hopefully not too much of a risk.:)

This is also our first rally. Any advise on etiquette, tips, etc? How are rallies typically organized or run?

We did ask to be included in the Heartland factory tour too.

kkamshop

Welcome to the rally Keith & Kathy. We have been to the Elkhart rally for two years - it's a great group of people.
Very informal, just groups of people standing out front of their campers visiting and deciding where to go, what to do. As it gets closer to rally time the schedule fills in some as someone will say "we're going to the RV museum, who wants to go?"
So if there's something you really want to do just mention it...
We have a group meal Friday and Saturday nights, see the RV.net thread for details. Last year we had a breakfast on Saturday morning at one of the local spots.
So just come, introduce yourselves, and have a great time.

quandee

Rally

I asked "teachers Pet" to put me with Jim and she said no problem so if you want to all be in a group specify you want next to Jim Beletti! None I am aleady there ! (Winter Storage) but i found out yesterday (3-13-08) that the campground is open.

Paul

jbeletti

If anyone that is coming to this rally can supply an LCD projector during the rally, please PM bfast54 at this link. Below is a copy of a note posted on RV.net.

From RV.net thread - page 65

bfast54
Traverse City ,Mi.
Posted: 04/08/08 07:54am

OK...............as the Official A.V. Chairman, I am putting out a call for HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

We are in Serious Danger, of not being able to have the "Drive In Movie" This Year!

Our last year "Corporate Sponsor" Bluenote, is no longer able to "acquire" the LCD Projector, we need to show the movie!

I am hopeful , someone will be able to Step Up, and provide the needed LCD Projector, for the MOVIE NIGHT !!! I don't think our RV NET dues, are able to cover the cost of acquiring one of these items, so, I am begging for help.

Please , if you know of one we can USE for the weekend, we all would be very much in your gratitude .(PLease make sure the POWER CORD-- is with it )