Landmark Monterey Surround Sound

910bro

Hi Everyone, I have a '14 Landmark Monterey and need some help with the Sony surround sound. Of course, it came with the system and TV pre-wired, and I can't find anything wrong with the way it's hooked. I have Directv HD hooked up, but I haven't been able to get any sound from the surround system when watching TV. I do get sound in the FM radio mode but when I scroll to TV/CABLE mode I get no sound. I've been into the TV's menu and turned on the "external speakers" but still nothing. I find it hard to believe that I can't watch a game or a movie on Directv and not have it come through the surround sound system. Any ideas ? It's got to be something simple !

jbeletti

You will need to get the Directv audio to the Sony Surround system in order to get Directv sound from the ceiling speakers.

Couple ways to do this. Best way is to route audio from the Directv receiver into the Sony Surround system. Next best way is to route audio out of the TV and into the Sony Surround system.

What you'll be able to do is a function of the capabilities of your gear.

What audio outputs does your Directv receiver have?

What audio inputs does your Sony Surround system have?

What audio outputs does your TV have?

For some resources on this, check these out:
- RV Audio Connections Illustrated
- Sony Surround Systems manuals (your's may be one of these)

danemayer

Hi 910Bro,

What are the model #s on the surround sound and on the model/brand of the TV?

If you have the DAVTZ140 surround sound, there's a set of RCA stereo phono INPUT connectors that should take the TV audio output. If the TV audio OUT is not already wired to those connectors, you may need another cable and our RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide may be helpful to you. Here's a link.

Majestic

Hi 910bro

We took delivery of our 14 Monterey, we have a full load, every option and there is no surround sound in our unit, dealer telling us the only sound is the speaker bar under the TV. No radio system at all. Do you have something factory installed different than that?

910bro

Hi Gary,
Yes, I have a Sony surround sound system that came with the unit and it's hooked up to a Sony TV......... I'm at work so I can't access the model #s. It's strange that you don't have the same setup in your new Monterey that I do. I've (we've) only had this 5er a week and I'm still learning how to use all the bells and whistles. Wish I had more time ! 7 days a week doesn't allow much meessing around.

Majestic

We have the same time issue, 2 1/2 yrs to get ready for retirement and less time.

our unit has a sound bar under the TV and a sub in the cabinet, no other speakers. Dealer says this is what is in the unit. We have ceiling and outside speakers in our last unit. We still can't get this system working, its called Air Track.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wasn't the system turned on and operation demonstrated during your PDI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi 910bro

We took delivery of our 14 Monterey, we have a full load, every option and there is no surround sound in our unit, dealer telling us the only sound is the speaker bar under the TV. No radio system at all. Do you have something factory installed different than that?

FWIW, we added a soundbar and sub to our TV last summer, since the OEM "surround sound" (well, just two speakers in the ceiling) was sub-par for watching movies in our ElkRidge. We went with a fairly inexpensive wired Phillips brand system, and WOW, does it sound so much better!

I bet you'll be very impressed with the soundbar once you get it operating correctly. We noticed this was a "new feature" in MANY of the higher end RVs at the RV shows this spring.

Majestic

We are looking forward to getting it to work, just need to slow down and spend some time figuring it out. I had my IPAD connected to it once but don't remember what i did. I know dear, make notes!

dealer just started selling Landmarks and didn't know the setup either yet.

i will get it soon i hope

910bro

I "think" I have the system figured out.............I maxed out the volume on the surround sound and got the TV to play through it, so I think I just need to adjust all 6 speaker's volumes to get it right.