Sanitizing the Water System on a 2014 Big Country 3070RE

bigdob24

Just getting the BC fitted with our things and need to sanitize the water system.
the dealer showed me the valve system that is very nice, but I failed to ask a couple questions.
on my old gravity fill water systems I could dump the Di Clor solution down the tube and follow it with water.
Would that be the way to do it on the pressure fill system also, just dump the solution in the fill tube and rehook the hose and fill?
Also is there an over flow on the fresh water tank ? Or do you have to watch the gage to see when its full?
sorry for all the questions , I will get it all figured out soon!
Thanks

alex00

The method some use to add solution to the tank is to connect the hose to the fill valve in the UDC, and add the bleach or other liquid into the hose. Connect the hose to the water spigot and fill the tank as normal.

I was told there is an overflow, although I have yet to see it in action. The dripping should indicate the tank is full.

danemayer

If you have the 4-way Anderson Valve, you should have an overflow line(s) that spills overflow onto the ground. On some rigs it terminates in a 90 degree PEX fitting outside the frame. Not sure how it's arranged on a BC.

We have an owner-written Water Systems Guide that you may find helpful. Here's a link.

bigdob24

Thanks for the help.
i got the unit sanitized, just poured the solution into the hose and connected it and filled.
the overflow on my BC is on the opposite side from the UDC by the wheels.
thanks again

MikeR

Thanks for the help.
i got the unit sanitized, just poured the solution into the hose and connected it and filled.
the overflow on my BC is on the opposite side from the UDC by the wheels.
thanks again

My 2014 BC has two overflows for the fresh water tank. One on each side, both in the area of the front wheels.