Big Country -Exterior Finish Longevity

Redrider007

Love the Big Country 3070re-My question for those of you who have owned the Big Country for a while is how does the tan coloring hold up over time-fade? Issues?

Westwind

The previous gray color that was used on the caps had fading problems and were painted in warranty. I don't know about the new color, I had a 2012 white Bighorn and my front and rear caps are loosing their luster even though I wax them twice a year. I have all but resigned myself to the fact that the shine will eventually be dull. The sun really raises Cain with them and their shinny life is short lived. I suppose that is why a lot of manufacturer's have switched to painted caps.
Wise you luck with yours, I don't know how many are out their with our type cap, but you should get some responses on the forum.

MCTalley

Our 2013 tan/brown Big Country is about 2 years old now (manufactured April, 2012 but purchased in September, 2012). No noticeable fade anywhere as of yet. I've washed it maybe 8 times and only hand waxed it once. We full-time in it and it has been parked in various locations for long periods of time that are notorious for being hard on paint jobs. We don't have a rear cap (the only model that didn't), but the front cap seems to be holding up well so far.

lindajsj

My 2011 Big Country is looking pretty sad now. The front and rear caps are faded and the side decals are curling at the edges. It is in the hot California sun most of the time.

Mine is doing same thing...I'm trying to get with Heartland and see about ordering new decals so I can have mine painted and have new decals installed. Ours is in Alabama and is covered in winter. Looks hideous...

bsuds

Our 2011 BC is fading badly front and back. I am looking into having it X Koted. I had my truck done when I bought it and it still looks great 3 years later. Should be about $500 to do both caps.