Rv cover??

Dryer

What's everyone's take on covers? Pros and cons? I like the idea of protecting the camper from sun.

Sunset4k

Hello there!! We have had our Elkridge about a year and we just recently built a cover for it. We debated the cost of building a cover versus buying one, and decided to go ahead and build one. Glad we did, recent hail storm damaged the roof over the Elkridge but it was protected. This is always an issue in the spring here in Texas. I think your roof will last longer if protected from the UV

Happy travels
Diane

Crumgater

If we could put our Elkridge under a hard roof cover, like a carport, I'd do it in a heart beat.

As for soft covers... I think the risk of breaking something (on the RV, or the person doing the work) when you put them on and take them off out-weighs the benefits. The roof should be designed for many years of sun, wind and rain.

Our unit is stored in the Seattle area, so too much sun - especially during the off-season - is not normally a problem. :p

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
My take is to skip the cover. In my storage area, every boat or RV that had a new cover in November now has a shredded cover on the ground next to it. Even the heavy canvas covers on the boats have been destroyed in the winds. If you really need covered storage during the winter, Check with your local fairgrounds. My local fair grounds charge about what a new cover costs for inside storage for the entire winter. The drawback is that access may be limited as to removing your rig before the spring date.