Possible Bad Converter?

Winjammin

We have a 2010 Cyclone 3795 and are in the process of de-winterizing/packing for a week-long trip next week. We found that the main cabin lights, main a/c/furnace, stove lights/fan are not working, and the refer has a check light on. The garage, bedroom lights and a/c work just fine. The outdoor lighting, lights on the slide above the couch, tv/stereo all work no problem. We replaced the battery, as it was the original and it wouldn't hold a charge, we are on house power. Checked to make sure all the breakers and fuses are not tripped/blown. The only thing we could figure is there must be something wrong with the converter. I did a contortionist act to get to said converter (it is stuck under the vac and a water pipe) to check the fuses, and they are ok, never saw or felt a reset switch, and there are two devices that are plugged into outlets behind the basement wall, I'm assuming the vac and the converter.

Is it possible given these circumstances that the converter went bad over the winter?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
It sounds like one of the 12V circuit breakers may have tripped.

The Heartland Owners Manual section of the forum has good troubleshooting guides.
This one may be helpful in locating and checking the 12v Circuit breakers.
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ical Info/12V Block Diagram & Diagnostics.pdf

Come over to the Iowa heartland rally June 20-22.
We will be practically in your backyard in Altoona.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...0-2014-to-6-22-2014/page2?p=338988#post338988

Not a heartland owners club member yet? No problem: //heartlandowners.org/club

Winjammin

Thanks for the reply! We checked on the bus bar for the circuit breakers and didn't see any reset buttons. I'm going to look again tonight to make sure

wdk450

Thanks for the reply! We checked on the bus bar for the circuit breakers and didn't see any reset buttons. I'm going to look again tonight to make sure

You can also check the circuit breakers with a voltmeter. A non-tripped breaker (switch closed) will have battery voltage on either terminal measured to battery negative ground. A blown breaker (switch open) will have battery voltage to ground from the terminal connected to the battery, but 0 volts from the load terminal measured to battery negative ground. A voltmeter is a basic tool every RVer should have and know how to operate. As I said in a previous post, you can't see electricity.