3010re with MCDs question.

Mrsfish

Anybody out there with a 3010re that came with the MCD shades? I need a favor. Could you measure the valances in the bedroom for me? We had the shades installed by our dealer after market and they did a poor job. They are owning up to it, but we're trying to figure out if my 2014 with the day/night shades has different valance measurements than the newer ones that came with the MCD from the factory. I know I can call heartland in the morning but I'm trying to be ahead of the curve. Please and thank you.

Mrsfish

Yeah, should have done that - but we decided to have the dealer do if for the sake of time. They really blew the install and it looks horrible. Everything else they've done has been outstanding, but not this install. BUT, they owned up to it and will make it right. Just trying to figure out if it was all the tech's fault or if the valance in my 2014 is smaller than the valance used on the rigs with the factory installed MCD. We were going to take our rig up to it's summer place this weekend and I was really looking forward to our first weekend in the unit for the season but it looks like it will have to wait a couple of weeks while we take care of this issue. Disappointed, but trying to make the best of it.

Mrsfish

"For what it's worth, I installed the MCD shades myself in my 2014 3010RE. They work great."

do you have a picture of one of the windows in the bedroom so I can show it to our service writer. The install was so bad, the valances will need to be replaced. Did you remove the side curtains? That's where the issue is.

Harry1

New (30 days old) 3010RE bedroom valances measurements. Large window valance outside dim = 32 1/4" inside dim.= 31 3/4"
Small slide windows outside dim= 24 1/8" inside dim= 23"
Hope that helps...

Mrsfish

That helps, but could you also give me the other 2 measurements also? How deep from front to back and how deep from top to bottom. Btw - we LOVE our rig- hope you enjoy yours as much. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Harry1

All 3 windows in bedroom outside dim. front to back = 3 1/4"
Top to bottom outside dim. 5 1/2"
Yep we love it too. :)

Mrsfish

You are an angel. Thank you very much for your time. Our valance is 3 1/4 x 3 1/2 - it helps explain why ther wasn't enough room under there for everything, but it doesn't cover the bad install. They are going to replace the valance and now I know I want them to replace with the large ones.