Our 2009 Cyclone 4012 has arrived at dealership

I was able to do a "pre" PDI the other day on the new 4012 my wife and I ordered.

I noticed some changes from the 08 sitting next to it. Among those are the items already mentioned on other posts like the new front cap...pretty cool.

We ordered it with some extra options like the W/D hookups (uncludes a 3rd gray tank), super nice. Cherry cabinets with Corion counters (the nicest I have ever seen on any 5th wheel...gotta love the Amish!). And, all the other regular options like rear bunks, xtra A/C unit, electric rear jacks, 5.5 Onan, no graphics, electric awening, etc.
We also ordered it with Duel Pane windows. Dealer may have to replace one or two because the frames are scatched, no biggy. With the doors closed, the sound of silence in this Toy Hauler is "golden." They were not cheap, but I think they are worth it. Hopefully, Heartland will make Duel Pane Windows a regular option on other Cyclones.

So, here's some of the changes I noticed in my 2 hours looking over it...
Steps going to bedroom are now rounded (nice touch).
Brushed aluminum on back wall of universal docking station is now white plastic. Even though the brushed aluminum looks better, the white plastic is probably better due to its ease of cleaning/maintenance.
Both main doors have frosted windows (nice touch).
Inside of garage looks just like the 08.
Inside of basement looks just like the 08, but with no radio.
Stereo is Jensen and it has Sirius now!
Only one scare light per side now.
Bedroom has more storage; more cabinets. TV goes in the upper center.
Front electric jacks switch does not have a cover like the rear. :confused: I'll recess the switch and add a cover.
Lower LED lights on front cap are switched. These can only make backing up and hitching at night (which I occasionaly do) much easier. Nice.

Two things I think are really lacking:
The window treatments/trims/side valences (even on the 08 models at the dealership) are pretty cheap...some of the worst craftmanship I have seen on any high end toy hauler; really flimsy, poorly attached. I did pay extra for side valences and will probably still have new ones custom made later.
NOTE TO HEARTLAND: Though this unit is overall leaps and bounds nicer and better built than the Weekend Warior Full Throttle sitting near it, their window treatments and upolustry were awesome...not just a little better, a lot better. Sorry.

The other thing was the missing or deleted radio in the basement. Ten lashings to whomever decided to get rid of it...OK, maybe just five. But, having to go inside to adjust the radio for outside sound is a very dumb idea. One of my first changes will be to somehow professionaly install a radio in or near the basement. The lowered (now about 6' off the ground)outside speakers are a nice touch though.
NOTE TO HEARTLAND: By all accounts, you have the nicest, coolest looking and best built basement in the industry. Why not have us show it off when we open its doors to have the "outside" stereo on?

I gave a list of about ten minor items to my dealer to have fixed/altered/repared which I think is very, very low considering it has not even been cleaned/detailed and gone through by the dealer yet.

Overall, I have to say though, I am quite impressed with the 09 4012. I think this is one incredible Toy Hauler. I think Heartland has a big winner here!

Rock On...

I'll post some pics here shortly.

Kitchen Pics...The Cabinets are even nicer than they look...

Attachments

• 100_3955 (Medium).JPG
    100_3955 (Medium).JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_3954 (Medium).JPG
    100_3954 (Medium).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_3953 (Medium).JPG
    100_3953 (Medium).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_3951 (Medium).JPG
    100_3951 (Medium).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 80
Pics of New Rear Cap, Docking Station, and Washer/Dryer Hookups---super cool, Gray Tank is just beneath the hookups between the frame rails.

Thanks Jim for the help on how to upload these pics.

Attachments

• 100_3964 (Medium).JPG
    100_3964 (Medium).JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_3970 (Medium).JPG
    100_3970 (Medium).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_3956 (Medium).JPG
    100_3956 (Medium).JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 78
That's interesting looking at your pics. Our '08 4012 has the same cherrywood cabinets and plastic backing in the docking station. The only differences I can figure are that we have the outside radio and two scare lights on each side and some other stuff I won't mention for being too longwinded. I guess we got a good deal afterall because we have all the things you said you got extra at no extra charge and they had marked the unit down too.

I agree with you on wanting to show off by having the stereo outside in the basement and we've added a TV/DVD unit too. It does get some attention when we're out there enjoying the game while barbequeing. You'll be glad you did add one outside. Enjoy your cyclone. We are loving ours! Congrats guys.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wooowww!!!!

Hey Hawk, man-o-man that looks great. Congrads on the coach, got 2 winners:) this month,if you catch my drift. Your going to have get all your neighbors bibbs:eek:. Send more pics when you can. Bob :D:D:eek:

Thanks for the replys...

A bouncing baby boy and a new toy hauler! :D

We went without graphics just because my wife was not crazy about the graphics on ANY toy hauler. The super nice layout, interior colors, patterns and overall quality (yes, even the upholstry) is what sold my wife. Graphics don't really bother me either way. We have four kids (almost 6, 4, 2 and a newborn) so we will probably put on the removable, silicon Disney Cars, and a few Disney Tinkerbell decals on it. Maybe we'll call it the "Cyclone Disney Cars Special Edition." I'll post some pics when/if we do that. Hey, there's an idea...wonder if anyone puts out a NASCAR toy hauler. That would be cool too. Heartland could be the first!

As for the options... the W/D hookups are now standard I hear. We placed them as an option. They only charged us a few hundred, not bad. Dealer has been great, so far, and we got a good deal overall, I'm not really concerned about the cost of the hookups. I am, though, very impressed that we have a 3rd gray tank for the W/D.

I agree on the stereo in the basement. That will probably be the first thing that I install when we get it home. It looks so cool in there, we will probably take your advice and put a TV/DVD in there (or somewhere nearby) as well.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hawk, I did you ever tell DW that Canyon Park has cabins to rent. Just a thought for the little one:) and DW. Bob:D:D:D

haole

Dealer has been great, so far, and we got a good deal overall, I'm not really concerned about the cost of the hookups. I am, though, very impressed that we have a 3rd gray tank for the W/D.

Which dealer? I'm looking for one thats not only closer, but one that does a better job.

Luckyhat12

Did your sirius radio come activated? Mine isn't and I don't know if it was supposed to. It came activated in my truck but not in the camper.

Hi all,
The dealer is Clovis RV in Clovis, CA. Pretty impressed so far. John, the sales guy/manager has been great.

Don't know if Sirius is activated or not. It did come activated in my 08 F350. But, even that was not quite as easy as I thought, since I already have a Sirius account. (pretty hard to merge the accounts).

I would guess that it is only a head unit and because of such, the subscription must be purchased separately.

Good Luck and Rock On...