under bed storage

bpmills

Hello: I have a 2009 Bighorn 3400rl and was wondering if there is any room under the king size bed to make more storage space. I have not removed the plywood to check, but was hoping someone else has.
Thank you

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I remember reading a post a couple days ago but I couldn't find it. They removed the panel and found "pockets" of available storage around the slide mechanics. They made small boxes out of thin plywood and set them into place for storage. Maybe someone can find the thread and post a link.

jpmorgan37

Underbed Storage

Here is the post that Ray was referring too. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=31116&highlight=bed#post31116

Hope this helps,

John

Draco Dog

underbed storage

bpmills, We have a 2008 3670RL Big Horn. There is no storage under the plywood. If you put anything under there, the bed slides back and forth and will hit it when the bed moves in and out. It's all hydraulic units underneath. Between the top of the plywood and the bed, there is about 3" storage, maybe for sheets, or bedding.

pickuphunt

Under bed storage

I wrote the thread describing how I made the under bed storage. I will try to attach some photo's. I had taken photo's before items were stored there, but the SD chip got left back in Minnesota. So the photo's are with items there.

Attachments

• Storage IIMG_0515jpg.jpg
    Storage IIMG_0515jpg.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Storage IIMG_0516jpg.jpg
    Storage IIMG_0516jpg.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Storage IIMG_0517jpg.jpg
    Storage IIMG_0517jpg.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 262