Garage Work Bench???

Hey All, I am wanting to mount a work bench to the wall in the garage. Has anyone done this... How... with what....and does anyone have any pictures? Thanks Steve

Lou_and_Bette

Steve, not sure which TH you have but I have a RW and installed a closet in our garage. I placed the hanging/shelving unit parallel to the ODS wall under my loft since I still needed room to park the HD. I tied into the metal supports for the loft since they were the easiest to find and then, using plumber's tape, tied the unit to the floor. You would have to extend some type of supports that reached the "ceiling" for your bench install. Good luck with your mod>

jimtoo

Hey Steve,,, take some pictures as you work,,,( even the mistakes and wrong places to drill a hole ).... and post here on the forum. Someone else might want to do the same thing. :) (except make the mistakes) :)

Your neighbor.
Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just a suggestion for something portable and stow able would be to get a folding WorkMate stand and a section of 3/4" plywood to suit your needs. Attach a doubled 2x4 cleat to the underside of the sheet and clamp it into the WorkMate when you need it. A section of a bifold door with folding banquet table legs attached would Los work and give you a larger, sturdy surface

remoandiris

Just a suggestion for something portable and stow able would be to get a folding WorkMate stand and a section of 3/4" plywood to suit your needs. Attach a doubled 2x4 cleat to the underside of the sheet and clamp it into the WorkMate when you need it. A section of a bifold door with folding banquet table legs attached would Los work and give you a larger, sturdy surface

That is a GREAT suggestion!! There when you need it, stowed when you don't.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you do use a door, or even the plywood, attach a sheet of 1/4" tempered hardboard to the work surface. Makes for a smooth surface that can be replaced if it gets chewed up.