? about TV straps

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ready to take the BH in to the dealer tomorrow and making our list of little stuff for them to fix.
If anyone has the swing-out style 26" TV in a 3370, (or similar) can they tell me if there are 2 safety straps or just one? We have one across the end,which keeps the TV from swinging out during travel, but it appears that another one in the middle of the Tv may have been cut off? There is a piece of strap hanging behind the TV.
Thanks!

sjrellis

We have the 26" in our 3670. There is a strap at the top (ceiling of cabinet) on the right end and on the bottom right. I don't see anything in the middle. I wasn't here when ours was moved, so I'm not sure if dh did anything different.

slmayor

Thank you!
I suppose the extra partial strap could have been left over from the initial shipping.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Not sure how the Bighorn may be set up but on our Landmark with the same TV there are two straps, one on each end of the TV.

bpmills

television

Hi there: This is Burt from Palmdale, on our new 2009 3400rl there is only one strap for the tv. They did make sure to tell us to strap it in when traveling.
Thanks, Burt

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
The strap, as I was told, was attached to the far right screw, on the face on the shelf to limit the swing-out. Ours was in place when we did the PDI and has come off of the screw. I placed a washer over the head of the screw to add more surface, and it's still holding.

slmayor

We had an extra piece of strap with no ends, hanging in the middle behind the TV. The one that prevents swinging is there and we use it. Just wondered if we needed to make them fix it or not.
Because we used an LCD in the bedroom cabinet,(on a pedestal) we made one like the living room strap, except it goes across the opening instead of up and down. We stuff a small pillow in front of the TV and it rides quite nice. As a matter of fact, not much seems to move in the trailer at all.