Utility-side storage door way to keep open

I think its fantastic that you made the left side basement storage access share a door with the utility / hook-up cabinet, and its very clever that door swings open to the side rather than opening overhead into the bottom of the bedroom slide.

However, what's missing is a way to keep the door open. Right now, any little breeze blows the lightway door into my butt, back or head, depending on what I'm doing with the door open in the first place.

2014 Landmark Savannah.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I use a short bungee loop connected behind the propane tank door that loops over a small screw hook I placed inside the basement door. I can post a pic when I get back to my rv later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I just copied what someone else posted and put a regular door holder on (stem on baggage door and catch on propane door). Simple, cheap and works well.

Attachments

• doorholder.JPG
    doorholder.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 104

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Here's a pix of my inexpensive but effective open door "latch".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 76

Heathcote4

I am currently using a highly engineered stick to keep mine open. I would like to convert to a spring arm but still looking into what length and how to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

While they may not look great on a full-body painted coach unless they themselves are painted to match, one may want to consider the new magnetic baggage door latches that we use on some of our coaches. They have some thickness to them and that would be good as when the ODS baggage door on the Savannah is fully opened, the outside of the door hits the slam latch handle of the propane door. With careful placement of the magnetic catch, it just might work.

On edit: Here's a black set that would look decent on FBP coaches
Large_L605.jpg
(link)

Note too that some have installed the door hold backs that Heartland uses to hold open and lock back to the RV wall, your entrance door. These are inexpensive, come in black and white plastic and in stainless steel.
LargeE232.jpg LargeE224.jpg