HOC plaque - Default Location

MTPockets

I had a small "oops" on the front generator access door when I backed up at an angle to hitch up. The corner of my truck tailgate put a small dent in the access door. After considering how to cover that, I decided to mount my HOC plaque over the dent. No-one will ever know....
View attachment 29315Sorry pic is sideways,

dbbls59

Good idea. I did a number on my storage door as well. Was quoted a price of $125 for a new door. I had the dealer order it and when it came in I was given a bill for $250. Shipping equaled the price of he door. Had I known that I would of considered other options.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Terry, Good idea and it's even centered.

I've come close to doing what you did a few times. Always try to have DW back there to lift the tailgate if I have to back up on an angle. Trace

MTPockets

Terry, Good idea and it's even centered.

I've come close to doing what you did a few times. Always try to have DW back there to lift the tailgate if I have to back up on an angle. Trace
The ding wasn't quite centered, but the plaque was big enough to allow centering and still covering the ding.
Sorry we had to back out of the UT rally, but we'll get to Panguitch for a week over Memorial Day, then to Heber City 5/30 for a week before heading on up to Yellowstone then Cody, WY by 6/15 where we're camp hosting at Buffalo Bill SP thru Labor Day. Anyone in the area stop in and inspect the signage.

TXTiger

Great idea. I have a Cyclone and do not have a ladder on the back. I don't use the side ladder either, just carry a little giant. I think I will copy your idea and mount my plaque in the same location as you. On your way to Yellowstone or Buffalo Bill stop by Custer State Park in South Dakota. I will be a camp ground host there from May 2nd until Oct 2nd.

The ding wasn't quite centered, but the plaque was big enough to allow centering and still covering the ding.
Sorry we had to back out of the UT rally, but we'll get to Panguitch for a week over Memorial Day, then to Heber City 5/30 for a week before heading on up to Yellowstone then Cody, WY by 6/15 where we're camp hosting at Buffalo Bill SP thru Labor Day. Anyone in the area stop in and inspect the signage.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
On I love that idea. Now I know where I will mount mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

stop by Custer State Park in South Dakota. I will be a camp ground host there from May 2nd until Oct 2nd.
We've been at that campground a couple of times, in fact lost a sewer hose after dumping. Went back to get it in less than 5 minutes and it was no-where to be found. Camp Host helped look with no success. We are coming up to Yellowstone then Cody via Utah, then back to Arizona in Sept do won't be getting to Custer this time. Enjoy the hosting.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's very dependent on the tow vehicle/trailer combo. My F350 tailgate left the impression closer to the off door side. :-(

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
. If you need instructions on how to make the dent in the right place with your tailgate, just let me know. I have experience with that. LOL

MT - Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but dents and scratches are my specialty, fortunately not on the trailer just yet... now where is that dam wood to knock on ... knock knock ...

But I really like the idea of the plaque on the Genny Door ...

Kevin

TXTiger

MT. Where will you be in AZ for the winter? Are you hosting at a campground there? I am looking for a campground host position in AZ for the winter. May also consider a position near Pardre Island TX although I have never been there. Palm Springs Calif is also on my list but I am trying to stay out of Calif if I can.

MTPockets

MT. Where will you be in AZ for the winter? Are you hosting at a campground there? I am looking for a campground host position in AZ for the winter. May also consider a position near Pardre Island TX although I have never been there. Palm Springs Calif is also on my list but I am trying to stay out of Calif if I can.
We're not hosting in AZ; Staying in Tucson.

wdk450

You know the rear plaque location is good when you are rolling down the road, so the guy behind you can see it. Once you are parked, and the neighbors stroll by, they CAN'T see it. I am all in favor of moving the plaque to the front of the rig when parked.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We often will rubberneck to look back at a passing HL rig in the opposite lanes to see if they have a plaque on the ladder!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: HOC plaque - Default Location...

I'm still trying to decide where to put our plaque . . . :confused:

I've been thinking about the cubby doors . . . but not sure if it should be on the drivers or passenger side. :confused: :confused:

Or maybe on the propane gas tank cover . . . :confused: :confused: :confused:

Gaffer

MT Pockets, I have a front cargo door that you can have for the cost of shipping. There is a ding in the frame but the door skin comes out and is fine. Or I can bring it south with us this winter to Lake Havasu or the Quartsite Rally. Otherwise it is going to the dump.

MTPockets

MT Pockets, I have a front cargo door that you can have for the cost of shipping. There is a ding in the frame but the door skin comes out and is fine. Or I can bring it south with us this winter to Lake Havasu or the Quartsite Rally. Otherwise it is going to the dump.
What a generous offer! I'm happy with the way it is now so I'll leave it as is. Look forward to seeing you at quartsite rally. Be safe.