full time RVer no home need insurance

Bobby A

I will try to keep this short, I'm not happy with my agent hear in Fl. so I have been calling a couple companys hear for auto insurance. I am told by a company they will not insure a car/truck with out a house/ even though I give them a physical address at my RV park. I do have a full timers RV policy with progressive. Our car and truck are titled in Fl. and our drivers license are in Fl. Can any one shed some light on this for me ?? Does anyone have car/truck insurance through a company they would recommend ?? I know I'm not the only person living in a RV that don't have a home. My current policy expires in a couple days, I kinda need help FAST !!!

Thanks,
Bobby A

Last edited:

wdk450

If Progressive understands fulltiming for RV insurance, they should understand it for Truck/car insurance. When I recently called them for a quote on my truck, and informing the RV division I was going fulltiming, they seemed to have no problem with giving me a truck quote.

Bobby A

Thanks everyone for your quick replys, I did contact progressive and good sams, both were a lot more than I am currently paying, if I can't find another company I just might stay with the company I have, but I will switch agents. I welcome more suggestions. Thanks again,

MTPockets

We have Blue Sky for RV & Truck, plus a storage unit. I found them to be the best overall for our full timing needs.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We use USAA for our vehicles but they refer us to Progressive for our 5er. We still get a better rate going through USAA than dealing directly with Progressive.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Bobby A

Update,
Thanks again to everyone who posted on this thread. I got a call today from my agent and she apologized for not getting back to me, she explained she broke her foot and was out of the office. I told her how unhappy I was and she was about one day away from loosing my business, she assured me this would never happen again and would see to it that someone would take her calls in the event she is out of the office. There was a deffinent communication problem between agents. So I gave her another change, she did find another company for our auto's and it did save me a little money. So, all is good for now, we will revisit this again probably next year at this time. Thanks again everyone, safe travels.

Last edited:

SeattleLion

I've had very good luck with Geico for my car and home. I have their RV policy which seems good and i get the multi-vehicle discount.

yepuhuh

We have Blue Sky for RV & Truck, plus a storage unit. I found them to be the best overall for our full timing needs.
blue sky doesn't cover in coastal states.

Kinda ticked me off but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Birchwood

We run into the same problem in Canada because the insurance companies are setup to add RV 's and storage facilities onto your house insurance.
We had to seek another insurance company that accommodate full timers but they still call our RV a vacation vehicle.Our storage facility remains uninsured .
The cost of RV insurance if you live in it is expensive but that all part of the experience.I know a guy in Florida that full timed for 13 years ,rolled his fifth wheel
and got full replacement cost ,bought a very nice park model..is our neighbour today

Lynn1130

Hartford through AAPR. They could not beat Ameriprise through Costco for the home insurance but they did for vehicles and since they only insure to those over 55 their rates have been much lower than others.

haulinem

Howdy!

We use USAA for our vehicles but they refer us to Progressive for our 5er. We still get a better rate going through USAA than dealing directly with Progressive.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

We have USAA as well. When I initially called to insure the Cyclone they referred me to Progressive. I called them back and told them I had an issue with having my tow vehicle insured through them, the Cyclone through Progressive and the motorcycles in the toy hauler through USAA. They then issued me a policy on the Cyclone. I know they are not issuing motorcycle policies anymore but we were grandfathered in. Maybe they are doing the same for RVs.

Garypowell

Just to add to the comment above:

I am not full timing yet but am looking towards Blue Sky when the house sells. Since I live in FL I was troubled by the above statement so I asked Blue Sky. They don't cover you if you are only 1,500 feet or less away from the coast. But the rest of the state is covered.

yepuhuh

Just to add to the comment above:

I am not full timing yet but am looking towards Blue Sky when the house sells. Since I live in FL I was troubled by the above statement so I asked Blue Sky. They don't cover you if you are only 1,500 feet or less away from the coast. But the rest of the state is covered.
That is good to know but not what they told me. No mention of 1500 feet away from the coast.
So buyer beware