Best tire pressure monitoring system for 5th wheel?

WILLCHER

We are fairly new to RV'ing with a 35 ft fifth wheel. We have towed a smaller trailer in the past. We are trying to decided on the most optimum tire pressure monitoring system for our Bighorn and look forward to any input based on more seasoned experience. We would be interested in hearing what systems people have used and the pros and cons with them. Thank you.

jnbhobe

I have the TST-510 system just had to have the sensors changed this year for $20 each after 5 years.

ILH

I purchased the TST507 last year - I was pleased with the performance and the company's great service.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I have had the TST 507 system for 2 years now. I have had a few issues with the system, but the company has been awesome to work with. A simple phone call and all issues were resolved. I would recommend the system. Another tool in tire safety. Good luck in your choice.

happykraut

My vote goes for the TST507 which is what I have. Initially I had some problems, but they went out of their way to fix it free of charge.

dbbls59

I am very satisfied with my TST 507. I did have to get a repeater but your trailer is 5 feet shorter so you may not need one. This is a great company to deal with.

ILH

I am very satisfied with my TST 507. I did have to get a repeater but your trailer is 5 feet shorter so you may not need one. This is a great company to deal with.

My rig is 35 feet - did not need a repeater.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We fulltime and have "Pressure Pro" we've used for last eight years and batteries still going strong. Before our Cyclone 4000 we used it on or 37' 5er and Idaho Tote attached to the rear of it. Lenght to the back rear tires was about 60' and did not have to use a repeater.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Gary521

I have a Hawkshead and it works. It is the best-don't know. The Hawkshead is identical to the Tire Traker and Tire Minder. I got it because the inside the truck receiver was small and had a nice windshield mount. Last year, I started to loose the signal from the wheel sensors so I got a repeater and this fixed the problem. If you go this route, check them all out and get the cheapest.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also have the TST 510 system. Haven't needed a repeater on our 3670, either. Since we park our rig for the summer (and winter storage), I remove the sensors once in place and just use my tire guage to occasionally check pressure until we need to move. I use a piece of velcro to mount the monitor in a spot I can see it (sort of).

View attachment 29361

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
TST 507 is my vote. It works great and have had one sensor go out and they sent me a new one right away! Customer service is great and the product is very reliable. My rig is 39 feet with a quad cab long bed truck and no repeater is needed.

Hunter11

I also use the HawksHead system on our current unit and plan on transferring the sensors to our new Landmark when we go pick it up. I currently don't need a repeater but the Landmark is 3' longer so I will just have to see how it works.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
TST 507 here, 37ft 5ver and did need repeater. I was told Interference from other devices can cause sensors to drop -- so it may not be directly tied to the trailer length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey Ghost

TST 507 and I didn't need a repeater with mine. My rig is 34' from nose to toes and they all work just great, highly recommend them. Good luck.