Delivery Time

OBX_Raineys

Any idea what delivery time is roughly after a RV has been released from the factory? My dealer said it may be 5 weeks due to the rough winter. Just curious if that's what I should expect.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We were in Elkhart last week and there were several stories on the news about the shortage of delivery drivers causing long delivery times. So I guess unless you can pick it up yourself you will have to be patient.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We were in Elkhart last week and there were several stories on the news about the shortage of delivery drivers causing long delivery times. So I guess unless you can pick it up yourself you will have to be patient.

Must not be a good payin' gig . . .

donr827

This was in the RV Business yesterday:

The South Bend (Ind.) Tribune reported that officials from the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) estimate that an additional 2,000 drivers are needed to deliver the 25,000 to 30,000 recreational vehicles that are sitting on lots in southern Michigan and northern Indiana, mostly in Elkhart County.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Must not be a good payin' gig . . .

With fuel prices what they are it is not. Also their are a lot of restrictions such as you cannot open the unit so you have to sleep in your vehicle and since you are a commercial vehicle you have to have commercial insurance CDL etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

With fuel prices what they are it is not. Also their are a lot of restrictions such as you cannot open the unit so you have to sleep in your vehicle and since you are a commercial vehicle you have to have commercial insurance CDL etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw a story a few days ago that RVIA is working to get an exception on the CDL requirement.

BobX2

I would drive up and pick it up myself. That would be a fun little road trip, and you could give it a pretty good shake down on the drive home.

mdirishgirl

We too are waiting for delivery. We were told 2 weeks ago, 2 weeks! We have trips booked, just sold our old unit and now have nothing. Is picking up ourselves a real option??

mdirishgirl

Can I call Heartland directly and get any information? Or do I just have to wait to hear from my dealer - which so far has been less than helpful.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a VIN for your new trailer it will be helpful. Heartland would then be able to tell you the exact status of your order.
You probably should contact Heartland and explain you situation. They might be able to help even without a VIN.

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Peace
Dave

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
You can certainly call and ask about it, but they don't do deliveries at the factory. Your dealer will have to inspect the unit prior to delivery and then they will show you how to work everything in the new trailer. At least that's the way it's supposed to work. Be sure to do a good inspection and look for any issues that you want taken care of at the dealer's lot before taking delivery.

mdirishgirl

I can't get a human other than the operator at Heartland. I've sent several emails and gotten no response at all. I've called a half dozen times and just get voicemail. We were told when we ordered it that it would take 6 to 8 weeks. We are getting ready to pass the 8 week mark and we still have no answer on when we are expected to get delivery. We just sold our Keystone 5r last weekend and I have 3 trips planned and paid for over the next 6 weeks, one being our family vacation which is a 10 day trip - and no rv. Starting to get a bit annoyed.

danemayer

We too are waiting for delivery. We were told 2 weeks ago, 2 weeks! We have trips booked, just sold our old unit and now have nothing. Is picking up ourselves a real option??
Maybe your dealer would be willing to work something out with Great Lakes RV in Elkhart so you could pick it up from them. They're only a couple of miles away from the factory.

BobX2

You can certainly call and ask about it, but they don't do deliveries at the factory. Your dealer will have to inspect the unit prior to delivery and then they will show you how to work everything in the new trailer. At least that's the way it's supposed to work. Be sure to do a good inspection and look for any issues that you want taken care of at the dealer's lot before taking delivery.

My bad. I thought that I had read about folks purchasing and picking up direct from the factory. I have always just purchased off the dealers lot for this reason, and the fact that I can be very impatient once I buy something. I want it now...... Cars, trucks, RV's, you name it. It about killed me waiting for my house to be built.

Cjackg

I just learned that our new Cyclone 3110 was offline from production on Apr 19 (ordered March 7) but due to delivery backlog will not be shipped for at least two more weeks.
They also told me it was not allowed for me to pick it up at the factory!

I only got this much info by calling Heartland direct after I had called the dealer several times requesting the status.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
"but due to delivery backlog will not be shipped for at least two more weeks."

My new 3260EL goes on line 4/29 and comes off 5/1. I ordered from CW Nashville and they seem to think that due to their volume that they may get it within a week. May be dreaming but hope it gets in so we can take it to the TN chapter rally.

dfk009

"but due to delivery backlog will not be shipped for at least two more weeks."

My new 3260EL goes on line 4/29 and comes off 5/1. I ordered from CW Nashville and they seem to think that due to their volume that they may get it within a week. May be dreaming but hope it gets in so we can take it to the TN chapter rally.

Superduty08
I wish your selling dealer would do like ours in Southern Illinois. They have a driver that will make 3 trips per week to pull special ordered units back to the dealership. He will go up one day, stay overnight, and drive back the next. Just part of service to their customers. We are just North of the I-57 & I-24 interchange, about a 400 mile trip. Best of luck on your new baby to you and Linda. Won't get to see this year at TN. Maybe down the road, our powerstrokes can "play".
Don and Carol

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Dfk, I don't know how Camping World handles their transport but unless they do have their own drivers I really doubt that I'll have it in time for the rally. I'm heading to Tx to visit another Heartlander later in May and better have it by then. Hope to see you at a rally. We'll be in Goshen in 2015.

OBX_Raineys

Patience (or lack of) got the best of me. Had a 15 Sundance 3270RES ordered, but we want to go camping! So I worked a deal on an in-stock 14 Sundance 3310MKS. Picking up Monday. But there is still about a 4 week shipping delay. My dealer did offer to send his guy to pick it up from the factory, so props to them.