Lifters for Matress in North Trail 26RLSS

Jackbaum

Lifting the mattress on our 2013 North Trail 26RLSS is a man sized job. Have seen other comper types with some sort of pneumatic lifts to raise the mattress in order to access the storage area beneath the mattress - but they seem to lift the entire mattress (with its plywood base). Our mattress seems to lift only to the center of the bed making it harder to lift becasue you are bending the center of the mattress.
Anyone got experience with dealing with this? <!-- / message -->

pegmikef

Yeah, I added pneumatic lifters to my NT 26 LRSS, but I will have to find the thread that I posted on it. If I don't get it tonight, I'll find it tomorrow. I do remember that I used 12 inch 60 pound shocks that I bought of the internet. I will see if I can find the source (it is in my old post).

On edit. I found the thread. Here is the link. Look at my post there and it will lead you to the other thread which contains the source.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...bed-in-North-Trail?highlight=underbed+storage

Second Edit: Here's a link to the source for the lifters. Great vendor to work with. Don't forget the hardware when you order the shocks.

http://futuresalesrv.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=10

Last edited:

Manzan

We also used two sixty pound lifters from Future Sales. Work great. Did have to modify how they were attached and may change them a little to raise the mattress a bit more.