Question about Dyson Vac

JHWilson2

We just received our Dyson Vac and I'm pretty happy with it. I've used a Oreck for 12 years, but since we down-sized, the Dyson Vac fits the bill better. However, we don't have room to mount the wall mount in the closet where all the pictures show it. I've thought about attaching the wall holder to the wall with strong command strips, but didn't know if others had any different ideas. We have the Big Horn 3010RE, and we were thinking about mounting in on the bedroom wall between the bedroom door and the dresser.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Just wondering why you want to mount it to a wall especially a wall where it can be "seen"? Why not mount it somewhere in a closet? Do you have a washer/dryer? If not, why not hang it in that space? If you do manage to get it mounted somewhere I would be afraid that the motion of the RV while traveling down the road would cause the vacuum to move in such a way as to leave marks on the wall....or worse, to actually damage the wall or something else!

JHWilson2

We do have a washer/dryer so mounting it in that closet is out. We were wanting to mount it on the wall to get it off the floor. We already knew we'd have to take it off the wall when traveling. I always put my Oreck on the bed when we're moving, so was planning on that with the new vac. There may not be an option, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Harry1

We have a new 3010 RE and it was mounted in the closet behind the sliding doors. I took off the floor extension from the Dyson and mounted the power head lower to the floor in the same area and it worked out great. Needs to be by an outlet for charging. By removing the floor attachment you can tuck it down low and close to the floor and still have the charging capabilities. Floor attachment can go anywhere but the whole unit does not need to stick out in the open because the floor attachment is hooked up to the power head. Hope that helps...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ours came mounted in the closet and it is secured to the mounting bracket with velcro and stays secure while traveling