Slide leaked

I just purchased a used 2006 Bighorn 2955. It had some water leak in at the bottom of left hand slide. The unit had the slides open during a small snow and I thought that maybe this made it leak.
I got up on the roof and pulled the gaskets to where they laid fllat on the slide and not rolled up and pointing inward.

Anybody else had this problem?

jpmorgan37

Shallowskiff;

Some of us had that problem with early production models when towed in the rain (or wet highways). The water was coming in the front corner of the slide from water being thrown up by the tires. Heartland had some corner block seals made up to be installed to correct this problem. Your dealer should be aware of this repair and be able to get and install these for you.

John

I bought this camper at a repo auction. I do not have a dealer that I worked with. It sat out for the last month waiting to be sold and I just dont know how it got wet.
I am guessing it was left slides open for several weeks and things may have not been level. I love the unit and think it is great that it has this forum for other heartland owners.

Thanks
SS

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Shallow, Pat and I have 2955RL and love it.:D We had a few issues but Heartland stepped up and made sure we were happy. Heartland is a great company and will stand behind there product. Bob,Pat and the:eek:cat

jpmorgan37

Shallowskiff;

I don't know where in North Carolina you are located, but you can go here and you can find the dealer that will be close to you and they can probably take care of your problem.

John

major

New ower of a b Big Country 3300 RL. Have not pick it up yet but will in a couple weeks. Although we have not used this camper yet, we really love it. I think Heartland has the best floor plans, and the Quilty of their R.V.s is #1 in my book. The staff at Heartland take time to answer questions and does so in a timely manner. They even took the time to call and thank me for chooseing their product. Also I like their web sight and found it to be very helpful. This may sound like I work for Heartland, but I don't. I,m just a old Marine Viet Nam Veteran who is looking foward to retireing and enjoying my new Big Country 3300 RL.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Shallowskiff, We purchased our Landmark from Bill Plemmons Rv in Rural Hall,NC in 2004. I still let them service my unit so I am sure that they could help you. Also Family RV in Statesville ,N.C. now carries the Big Country. I was by there the other day and the owner told me they could and would service any Heartland product. I don't know where you are in North Carolina but if I can help you with phone numbers or directions pm me through the forum and I will help you if I can. I know you will enjoy your unit. Terry

Thanks for all the help.
TRdeal,
I live about 25 miles from Family RV. That is good info to have because the nearest Bighorn dealer is in Columbia SC about 100 miles away.

Just booked my first camping trip to Hunting Island SC FEb1-3 so we are looking forward to using this Bighorn a lot this year.