Comprehensive Insurance w/ Salvage Title - Insurance Co Needed!

just purchased a like new 2009 Heartland 32QBSS North Ridge RV. Man it is gorgeous, looks brand new. However, it has a salvage title. Seems the old owner backed it between two trees and used one of those trees to remove the awning, a window, the wheel fender trim and put a nice gash in the side of the unit. All of the damage was professionally repaired by a body shop. However, when it was inspected for the insurance claim, they gave it a salvage title, which confuses me since it was purely cosmetic and easily fixed.

Regardless,. now I have it, paid $10,800 for it, which im hoping for a like new heartland North Ridge 32QBSS is a great price?

The problem I am having is that the salvage title seems hard to get insurance on. I called progressive which is my company for my two vehicles and they will not cover new policies on salvage titles in NC, however would cover it if it was an existing policy which ended up having a salvage title. Seems i didnt get much farther with Nationwide either....

My liability on my truck i use to tow it covers liability on the RV but i need comp and collision on it....

Does anyone have any companies i can call to get a comp policy on a salvage title RV, if so please respond here!

Sincerely,
Flayologist

jimtoo

Did you know it would have a Salvage Tittle when you paid for it? Was this disclosed before the sale and paper work? You might possibly tittle it as a home built now.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
With a salvage title now....it means that the 1st owners insurance deemed it "more to repair than it was worth" or in other words..."totaled it". This also means either the 1st owner took the money and had it fixed or a salvage yard bought from the insurance co. and had it repaired. Most of the time a salvaged title stays with the vehicle forever. As far as DMV is concerned, the vehicle does not exist anymore....well sorta. Does it have current registration?? If it does...then someone had to take it to get a safety check on it before it could get registered. If you can get that information, your insurance co should cover it cause it is now a legel vehicle. What VIN# does the registration have on it....the OEM VIN# or a new VIN#?