cold draft under fridge

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Well, the week of winter has come to Northeast Texas and I'm a bit concerned. Our 3055 has a draft of cold air that is coming under the fridge area, through the vents. I assume that the vents are for the refrigerator. The warm air that is generated is being drawn into the vents when the heater is blowing and that seems a bit counterproductive. Since we haven't made it through the 9 months of Summer, yet, I wonder what will happen to the A/C air? I looked at the back side of the fridge, but it "seems" to be sealed and foamed very well. There is a gap under the fridge that could be foamed with minimal expansive foam. Has anybody had that experience? I'm also foaming the area just under the toilet. There is a small gap there that you can see light through. I know this because I left the light on in the basement (accidentally) and when I opened the bathroom door I could see the light. It's not more than a 6" strip, but that's 6" inches of Texas winter coming in!

BluegrassMan

When we got our GC new, I could see daylight under the refrigerator. The rubber seal wasn't either there or not on right. The dealer fixed it, end of the daylight.

Jimmyt5

I think that the vent you are talking about is the air return for the furnace.
If you take it off you will see the pipes and the furnace.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Well, I got to have the day by myself and looked at the problem. There is a maze of ductwork under the fridge that is connected to the heater, where it should be. What should not be there is the light and the open gaps around the ducts. To remedy this, I took some batted insulation and conformed it around the duct work to "tighten-up" the areas that were allowing the cold breeze to come in through the vent. I also no longer see daylight under the fridge through the vent. I was looking through the ductwork to the off-door side compartment door and the back of the docking unit. Fixed!
Thanks for the replys...