Another bedroom reading light mod

sbryan

After reading several threads here about how people changed out the puck lights over the bed in their Cyclones I decided I, too, was unhappy enough to attempt a fix. I took these puck lights CameraZOOM-20140424135134557.jpg CameraZOOM-20140424135152349.jpg and replaced them with two of these CameraZOOM-20140424135203353.jpg. The old puck lights are held in by springs and can be gently pulled out of the ceiling over the bed. I cut two 4" X 4" pieces of 1/4" finish plywood to cover the holed left where the puck lights came out. The new lights have individual on-off switches and are LED so draw less power and run a LOT cooler than the puck lights. The new lights can be angled for the best reading position and also to reduce glare for your partner who may be trying to sleep while you read. The new lights were two for less than $30.00 and came from Amazon. I checked tonight and they are out of stock but similar lights can be found on eBay or Amazon at very reasonable prices. The new LED lights are quite bright but have more of a spot beam so there is less light scatter than the puck lights. Overall I am very pleased with the upgrade, which will save me power when dry camping and keep my spouse much happier when she is trying to sleed and I want to read.

sbryan

The DW complaines that there is no light switch on her side of the slide, this would take care of that problem.

One of the reasons I did this - got tired of taking the bulb out of one of the puck lights so I could read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

sbryan

Next mod - USB sockets

Just finished adding two USB/duplex wall recepticles to the RV, one in the bedroom and one on the wall near the couch so we can charge phones, tablets, etc without having to remember to bring specialized chargers for each electronic device. Great product that allows you to run both 120V and 3V USB power from the same wall socket.:)

Beemer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=digitalca0daa06-20 This is the link to the product I bought, which is currently our of stock. Here is a link to another 12V light similar to mine - except for the bulb configuration but otherwise a similar base: http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Stars-GW...olt+LED+reading+lights&tag=digitalca0daa06-20

Almost any 12V LED light can work - you just need to decide on style.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbryan

Or just switch sides…...

We pulled the bulb on one side but it really didn't work. The new lights are much more directional. The pucks scatter a lot of light. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk