ATF: Road Warrior - Satellite Coax splitters in RW390

AAdams

I am trying to connect a Dish 1000.2 to 2015 RW390RT. I can not get any signal to any TV's. Are the splitters and connectors used made for Satellite signal to pass through ( 2.3ghz) ? If not where are they located so I can have them changed them out?

danemayer

Hi AAdams,

Have you verified that the dish, the receiver and the TV are working correctly before trying to use the RV's wiring? Run the coax from dish to receiver first and make sure everything works. Then connect the dish and the receiver using the satellite coax connectors in the RV. The cable TV connector sends the signal through the antenna signal booster which interferes with satellite frequencies.

If you've done all that, the most likely problems are 1) incorrect labeling of the connectors, and 2) a loose or shorted coax connector. If you're plugged into the satellite cabling for the RV, the splitters and barrel connectors could be loose, but are not likely to be the wrong type of connector.

AAdams

Well I can connect the satellite directly to the receiver and it will download the programming. As far as labels, there are none on my unit. Nothing was labeled in the connection area except for the water directional switch (city, tank , normal ). And there were no labels on a few switches in on the main control panel inside. ( Nothing like my old Landmark where everything had a nice label on it. )

danemayer

Well I can connect the satellite directly to the receiver and it will download the programming. As far as labels, there are none on my unit. Nothing was labeled in the connection area except for the water directional switch (city, tank , normal ). And there were no labels on a few switches in on the main control panel inside. ( Nothing like my old Landmark where everything had a nice label on it. )
No labels will make it more challenging.

If you have 4 satellite connections in the UDC (above the water valve), usually it's the left-hand connector of each pair of 2. The right-hand connectors of each pair go to the rooftop pre-wiring. I've attached a drawing from our Rushmore.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 38

AAdams

I have 2 coax fittings next to each other on the upper right in the UDC and one by itself on the lower right next to a switch. The RW390 is wired for 5 TV's. I have currently have 4 that I need satellite to. I'm figuring that there are 4 splitters somewhere in the unit. I just hope they are accessible.

danemayer

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them to email you a drawing of the coax layout for your rig.