roof confusion

Prowler

hello, I'm new to this forum so this is my first post, I purchased a 2012 prowler 26BH last year and want to clean and protect my roof, the problem is I'm not sure what type of roof I have, the manual says rubber but people are telling me tpo, help

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Prowler and welcome to the forum.
There are two types of roofing that are generically called "rubber roofs".
They are EPDM (Ethylene Propylene-Diene Monomer) TPO ([FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thermoplastic Olefin)[/FONT].
EPDM is usually white with a satin textured finish.
TPO is typically smoother and shinier than EPDM.
Heartlandrvs web site states that the Prowler has a TPO roof.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
All the cleaner you should need is soap, water and a medium bristle brush (like you would use on the truck), not the overpriced "Roof Cleaners" with a Camco label on them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Use Dawn dish soap and brush for washing cars. As far as I know, do not use any kind of sealer on the roof material.

Medic403

Hey Prowler, I have started using (LA's Totally Awsome) you can buy it at the Dollar Store, Family Dollar any of you dollar stores. You can mix it with water and wash with a brush or apply it staight on and rub it in then rinse off. It works great on roofs or those black stains you get down the side of your camper. Good Luck!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey Prowler, I have started using (LA's Totally Awsome) you can buy it at the Dollar Store, Family Dollar any of you dollar stores. You can mix it with water and wash with a brush or apply it staight on and rub it in then rinse off. It works great on roofs or those black stains you get down the side of your camper. Good Luck!

That stuff does work great, a little goes a long way. Although Dawn is the recognized name brand that most like, the LA Totally Awesome is an economical alternative. Just be sure to dilute it.