TV Mount Location

PapaMikey

I am sure that this question has already been asked once or twice, but I did not want to take the time right now to hunt down the answer to my question. I own an MPG 181 and would like to install a TV mount on the wall above where there is a TV platform (with the audio system). I remember seeing something posted here awhile back about the correct measurements to find the stud locations in the wall. I could just use a stud finder but I thought that someone had already posted some measurements to locate the studs. Has anyone out there installed a TV mount to the wall and if so, how is it working out for you. I had to purchase a brand new DVD player for our unit on our most recent outing. The TV platform in the unit is where I place the DVD player with the Visio 22" TV on top. But I am concerned that the weight of the TV is putting too much pressure on the top of the DVD player. That is why I am thinking of installing a TV mount to that wall. I appreciate any help and for any ideas. Thank you again.

ryanman

I mounted a TV a year ago and would love to show you pictures and measurements, but it is going to stay in storage for another month. If I find the photos I took at the time I will post sooner. I will post when I get the camper home. It wasn't a terrible job, but it was time consuming.

wdk450

I put this out there for anyone considering buying a TV for their bedroom. You might want to seriously consider buying a bedroom TV with a BUILT-IN DVD player. There is no extra area needed for an external DVD player, no separate AC cord, no connecting cords. The downside is that IF there is ever a problem with the DVD player part, the entire TV will have to go in for repair. But, today's home electronics very rarely need repair (how many TV repair shops do you know of today?), and with high prevailing labor costs for repair technicians, replacement on most consumer electronics is usually more cost effective than repair.