Road warrior 305rw

What is the actual gvw of the 2014Road warrior 305rw. The heartland website states 14000#. The safety tag on the side of the hauler states 15500#. Also, I plan to tow with 2008 f250 4x4 sb cc 6.4 power stroke.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Your best bet would be to call HL and ask. Could be a typo on the website. If the sticker states a GWR of 15500#, then thats what it is. Open the door and their should be a yellow sticker. That sticker will tell you what the unloaded and gross weight ratings are.

As to your TV.....you need to find out what your rear axle, and GCVW rating are. I assume its a single rear wheel. The pin weight on the TH will be at least 3K or more....depending how much weight you put in the garage. IMHO, its not enough truck for that TH. You will need a 1tn to be legal. Up to you.

porthole

Retired
What is the actual gvw of the 2014Road warrior 305rw. The heartland website states 14000#. The safety tag on the side of the hauler states 15500#. Also, I plan to tow with 2008 f250 4x4 sb cc 6.4 power stroke.

14,000 was the old rating using two 7,000 pound axles for the number.
15,500 is the new rating using some of the 2,500 pound pin box capacity.

The yellow sticked Bob refers to should be on the hinge side of your front entrance door, on the jamb. That sticker will give you the cargo capacity you have available as your trailer rolls at the factory.

So, if you have a GVW of 15,500 (sticker on body, front left corner) and your yellow sticker says you have 3,000 pounds of cargo capability, your trailer weighs, as built, 12,500 (15,500 - 3000 = 12,500)

Trailers are / were weighed as they rolled through the last bay of the assembly building.

porthole

Retired
When we bought the Cyclone 3010 (same trailer as a 305 RW) my truck was a 06 GMC 2500HD, SB CC. It did ok. But, I am much happier with the DRW, for towing.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 Duane, after having a DWR 1tn for a year now...I would never go back. I now feel safer....its alot more stable and legal when towing.

JCBarney

I am pulling my 2014 with a 2012 F250 diesel. First trip was 8,500 miles each way ( Ohio to Alabama ). Pulled and towed like a dream.

I did hit a scale and was surprised at the weight. I was as 14,800 lbs with a Harley,scooter and approx. 30 gal of water. Pin weight was 2,700 lbs.

I added air bags just to level head lights but I only sag 2in without them.

First 5th wheel. Much, much better towing than my past trailers.

danemayer

I am pulling my 2014 with a 2012 F250 diesel. First trip was 8,500 miles each way ( Ohio to Alabama ). Pulled and towed like a dream.

I did hit a scale and was surprised at the weight. I was as 14,800 lbs with a Harley,scooter and approx. 30 gal of water. Pin weight was 2,700 lbs.

I added air bags just to level head lights but I only sag 2in without them.

First 5th wheel. Much, much better towing than my past trailers.

Hi JCBarney,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for joining in the discussion.