Our Maiden Voyage

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Last weekend Pat and I took the coach out camping for the Ist time. Everything went well. Truck worked good, got between 9.6 and 10 mpg pulling all the hills from home to Beaumont. Had a problem with keeping it warm inside but that can be fixed. It was in the high 20's at night and windy. I thought the stock mattress was pretty comfortable. Everything in the coach worked as designed. Met some very nice people, gave them the nickle tour and 25 cent tour to use the potty. The only thing that was kinda strange was the woman that kept coming in and lighting the oven. I found out that she would cook dinner if you gave her a glass of wine. Two glasses of wine and she would sit on the couch and knit a afgan and even change the TV channels. Heavens knows what a bottle of wine would produce:eek:. Anyway I guess she is the camp hostess:confused:?? Kinda like the "old lamp lighter" . Had to take her picture cause no one would believe me. Was kinda cute though. Pat just sat and watched, WHAT EVER!! Anyway we had a good time and looking forward to February. Maybe we can hire the oven lady to come to the rally.:cool: Bob,Pat and :eek:cat

Attachments

• 1st campout 040 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 040 (Medium).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 1st campout 058 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 058 (Medium).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 1st campout 056 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 056 (Medium).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 1st campout 053 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 053 (Medium).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 143
  • 1st campout 052 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 052 (Medium).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 1st campout 051 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 051 (Medium).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 1st campout 047 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 047 (Medium).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 1st campout 045 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 045 (Medium).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 1st campout 042 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 042 (Medium).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 1st campout 041 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 041 (Medium).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 1st campout 055 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 055 (Medium).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 1st campout 060 (Medium).jpg
    1st campout 060 (Medium).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Nice! We've been out several times, but I haven't taken any pics. :(
Where did you find the lamp on the end table? I've been thinking about adding a floor lamp between the chairs. I made arm covers for our sofa too. Always dirty hands on DH and grandkids, not to mention the dog that I'm sure gets up there when we leave the room... :)

Bob
We too just completed our maiden trip with our 3055RL. Took off in mid December for the Oregon coast from western Montana. Saw our daughter and some old friends but had no luck whale watching.
We were gone for 30 days and the BH worked great. Had a lot of wind and rain along the coast. And had to sit in Spokane for the biggest snowfall in the past 9 years followed by a couple of days of black ice. The weather finally cleared for the trip back into Montana. While prepping for the trip home, I had to get on top of the coach to clear the ice that collected on the slide awnings.
Because of the weather, we spent a lot of time in the trailer. We were always warm, dry, and very comfortable for the whole 30 days. Really is a great trailer.
The only lady lighting the oven was DW. And we did the trip with the dog and the crazy cat that let us sleep in till 7:30.

Good luck with your SoCal group functions.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Can't see any photos

Bob, I must be having issues here. I don't see any pictures? I didn't see any on your thread for the rear clearance light either. From the responses of the other viewers, they are able to see the pictures. :confused::confused: Maybe Jim B can shed some light here.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
They may have removed the photos. There was an edit done to the post????? At least I'm not the only one.:)

Bob&Patty

Slmayor, I think from Lowes. We had it in our other coach. Works good for soft lighting. And for the rest of you I still dont who the lady is that lights everybodies oven. Later on I found out if you give her a gallon of Ripple she will knit an afgan big enough to cover your horn. OOOPPPS, I mean your Big Horn. Maybe if I blow the picture up some more and put on my glasses, I might find out who she is. Bob :D:D:eek: PS its kinda scary, she is our house now. :eek:

Bob&Patty

Buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jim and Julia, it has been windy,cold ,and now wet. Had some ice on the cars in the morning. High 20's at night. BUT, not as cold as the mid-west and Montana.:eek: Its been so cold my Daughters phone wont work for her to call us. Glad you had a good time and the coach worked well. Ours is really nice, just have to adjust a slide to seal better when open so it wont be so cold in it. Keep in touch, you know us fellow Montanians must stick together.LOL Bob,Pat, and the:eek:cat

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Really like the covers the DW made for the couch and the dinette chairs. I have the camel suede also, and have been trying to decide what to do to "dress it up" a little. Thanks for the ideas!!!

gotta love the info on this forum...

Bob&Patty

Patty says thanks. She has been a busy little beaver. Her sewing machine is still smoking and shes not finished yet. JOANNS here in town will not go broke while we still live here. Always has a hand full of coupons. Bob, Pat, and the :eek:cat

3rd Trip This Year

We have been out with our new coach (3055) 3 times this year. Twice to Flying Flags in Buelton, Ca and just this last weekend to Morro Bay State Park. Get park, just off the bay, next to a nice golf course. First 2 photos are at Buelton (0a & 3A) and last 2 are at Morro Bay SP (1 & 22). So far so good, a few minor issues: leaking slide hydraulics, crack in kitchen extension and linoleum tear. Warm and cozy on cold nights and best of all, the DW is happy. But now she says that only hookups will do.

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Wow! It seems like forever since I've seen green grass. Just tell the wife shes lucky shes not boon docking in Colorado!

2nd Trip w/new 3400re

This was our second trip with the unit. Stayed at Pismo Coast Village. Went up by Hearst Castle on Sunday and saw the elephant seals with their pups and their mating activities. I can't believe we have been coming here for the last 30+ years and never knew they were right there. We are really enjoying the new Bighorn and already have 3 more trips planned this year. This seems to be a great forum and a good group of people. Hope to meet some of you in person. We have stayed at flying flags a number of times and Morro Bay also, we love the central coast. Now I'm going to see if I can figure out how to post a picture.

Mike

Attachments

• Truck and trailer.jpg
    Truck and trailer.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Us w:truck and trailer.jpg
    Us w:truck and trailer.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Seals.jpg
    Seals.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 32